2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about a month and a half of waiting I finally got everything together and installed.
H&R Springs
Corksport RSB
Koni FSD
Adjustable endlinks: ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR LINKS FOR MAZDA 3 BK 2004-2009 | eBay

Let me tell you, if you're on the fence do it. Completely different driving experience. Went out and did some 40-50mph cornering and the confidence is definitely there, the car goes where you put it and I didn't have to shift hands for steering. My alignment didn't suffer too much either after they adjusted it, everything is pretty close to being completely in spec.

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
Grats, @DMshadow sir. Please share us how FSDs are performing. I hope they'd last w/ H&Rs. They do drop a bit more than the mild Prokits & HTechs.
No reason they shouldn't last. There seems to be more than enough travel to accommodate the 1 3/4" drop from the H&Rs. 4k miles on mine so far and they are performing quite spectacularly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grats, @DMshadow sir. Please share us how FSDs are performing. I hope they'd last w/ H&Rs. They do drop a bit more than the mild Prokits & HTechs.
Well since yesterday they have settled a little more and are about a finger thickness of wheel gap now. They ride pretty great for being lowered, more motion is transfered to the driver on rough roads but it's not jarring and uncomfortable. Much better ride than I expected from stiffer suspension, I haven't recently been in lowered vehicles so I can't compare ride. In my opinion better than stock, and stock isn't really terrible to me but in not picky with ride quality to a cretain extent.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What ur tire profile setting? I have a hakook v12 evo2. With 235/35/19. Went to some mountain race. So far all my friend can't even see my rear light :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One week with H&R/Koni FSD

So after a week this is where they sit, the perfect fit and exactly what I was looking for. The ride is more stiff but very responsive and not jarring, I'm not picky so it's comfortable for me still. Have not had issues with scraping though I am still more cautious as well as watching speed bumps and parking space blocks. The remaining space is currently holding my hand flat and putting it flush with the wheel up to the knuckles.

I got the Corksport RSB installed at the same time and it drives great. I need to adjust the endlinks as there is some noise, not sure if the shop didn't tighten them or didn't install them 100% correct. This happens at slow speed or on incline where you would naturally expect there to be flex. I can take turns no problem without noise. They're aftermarket and adjustable but I'll check when I move them to the stiffer setting, which at this time doesn't seem necessary but I want to experiment.

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
That is one good looking car @DMshadow! Nice stance, really good color and great wheels!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks good! I thought the FSDs weren't made to pair with lowering springs though. Wheel and tire size?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good! I thought the FSDs weren't made to pair with lowering springs though. Wheel and tire size?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Enkei TS-10 18x8 / Continental DWS06 215/45/18.

That's news to me, however they don't float over bumps at speed and I haven't bottomed them out. Didn't cut the stops either. Suppose the real test is when I get some real miles on them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update on the noises, the sway bar shifted to the right side and was touching the spring. I took it to the shop where I had the work done and they corrected the issue and I had them move the endlinks to the stiffer setting. Boy did that make a difference. One the noise is gone, two this car handles like something a bit more sporty proving to me speed isn't the only factor in fun to drive. Suggestion, just put it on full stiff.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Update on the noises, the sway bar shifted to the right side and was touching the spring. I took it to the shop where I had the work done and they corrected the issue and I had them move the endlinks to the stiffer setting. Boy did that make a difference. One the noise is gone, two this car handles like something a bit more sporty proving to me speed isn't the only factor in fun to drive. Suggestion, just put it on full stiff.
Do you feel the ride quality, specifically the harshness/bumps, suffered because of switching to the full stiff mode on the RSBs?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to tweak my RSB to remove some squeak too.I have the same car and color with full tech pkg.did you have to adjust your lamps? I like your ride .I am thinking on racingbeat springs with what dampers hmm?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts