2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you confirm if your car has a telematics unit?
Go into the diagnostics menu (press down and hold the small dial on the center console, then press and hold the music and favorite buttons for around 5 secs). Once the screen appears select service information, then connected devices.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I downloaded the app for my 2019. Worthless app until they add some functionality. Get the same Information from the website.

As for Mazda tracking my data. Have fun. I can’t imagine how they would get much out of where I travel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I downloaded the app for my 2019. Worthless app until they add some functionality. Get the same Information from the website.

As for Mazda tracking my data. Have fun. I can’t imagine how they would get much out of where I travel.
Seriously, do they expect us to trade in our 2019s for 2020s. I was under the impression they were not making any changes for 2020 when I purchased

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Premium AWD hatchback Polymetal/red
20 Posts
So the connected services were enabled on my 2020 M3 HB, and it works fairly well. It's a little slow to respond, and it sends me erroneous "unlocked" or "door open" status messages, sometimes after parking, sometimes while driving.

Anyway, I do like the ability to remote start when not even in line-of-sight (since it does it over the air). But I tried it a few times while a being physically hundreds of miles away, just to see if it would work, and all remote commands fail (start, flash lights, etc). Is there a distance limit? The error returned from the app just says it failed.
I'll answer my own question. Seems like there is a timeout period after last in-car start. It didn't work (start/unlock/lights flash) remotely after not being used for over a week. Still didn't work when I got home. Only worked again after getting in the car, starting it and turnout off. Interesting "feature".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mazda Connect Services is now available for 2019 Mazda 3s. Unfortunately you have to go to a dealer to activate is. It is listed as a recall, code CSP06.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mazda Connect Services is now available for 2019 Mazda 3s. Unfortunately you have to go to a dealer to activate is. It is listed as a recall, code CSP06.
Yup I just checked after reading your post and sure enough in the app it had the notification. Set my appointment for this Saturday can't wait to finally get it activated on my car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup I just checked after reading your post and sure enough in the app it had the notification. Set my appointment for this Saturday can't wait to finally get it activated on my car.
After further reading, this looks like they are prepping the cars for this and MCS won’t be actually activated until October 2020.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To add to this, I just opened the MyMazda app and was prompted to schedule an appointment for a recall titled "Enable Connected Services"

41 - 56 of 56 Posts