2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did Mazda alert you that connected services were finally activated on your 2020, or did it happen one day after you opened the app? I know it will eventually be activated for my 2019....just wondering if Mazda will send me an email or letter telling me about it.
I opened the app and it showed up. I’ve opened the app before and definitely wasn’t an option for it. My guess is that it’ll be rolled out in phases. 2019 Mazda3 was listed as a connected vehicle.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just signed in and it is working well. Question - once you have turned on the car with the app, can you shut it off using the app?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just signed in and it is working well. Question - once you have turned on the car with the app, can you shut it off using the app?
Yes. slide down on the start button and it will turn to stop. Then hold down and it'll shut off engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's the same unit.
Thank you for clarifying, I have a 2019 and have heard 2 different reason why the 2019s haven't been turned on. One reason was they wanted to test it out on the 2020 first and 2nd reason was the 2019s have the telematics unit but not the modem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you for clarifying, I have a 2019 and have heard 2 different reason why the 2019s haven't been turned on. One reason was they wanted to test it out on the 2020 first and 2nd reason was the 2019s have the telematics unit but not the modem.
Mazda advised me that it would be rolled out on the 2019 model cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The "software update" on the infotainment after enrollment is now searching for updates. I assume this is for the connect firmware only? currently on 1050, but will be interesting to see if it pushes out 1102. Will it also flash/update other firmwares on the car, i.e. ecu, pcm, or AC bugs?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Premium AWD hatchback Polymetal/red
20 Posts
So the connected services were enabled on my 2020 M3 HB, and it works fairly well. It's a little slow to respond, and it sends me erroneous "unlocked" or "door open" status messages, sometimes after parking, sometimes while driving.

Anyway, I do like the ability to remote start when not even in line-of-sight (since it does it over the air). But I tried it a few times while a being physically hundreds of miles away, just to see if it would work, and all remote commands fail (start, flash lights, etc). Is there a distance limit? The error returned from the app just says it failed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone with a 2019 have this service yet? I knew I should have waited at least 3 years into production instead of buying the first year.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts