2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far everything has been working flawlessly. The update also now allows my car to give off a WiFi hotspot. The MyMazda app now has remote start/stop/lock etc. Very excited to have the remote start feature to cool down/heat up my car during the seasons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Saw this post and immediately checked MyMazda app on my iphone. Sure enough they recently updated the app and got prompt to enroll my vehicle. Pretty straight forward and was simple. Everything worked as advertised. youtube connected service and used this link to help me learn more about how connected service worked.
One thing I'm little bummed on and figuring how I can disable/enable is with remote start, if you open the door it will shut engine off. Would like for the engine to continue, but the video even states the engine will shut off when door open.
P.S. 2020 Mazda 3 Preferred FWD. Build date Feb, 2020.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you are enrolling your vehicle in Connected Services, pls be aware of the data you are allowing Mazda to collect, use and share with others:

That agreement makes it sound like just by buying a vehicle you agree to having your data collected 😳

“when you buy or lease a Connected Vehicle, you are consenting to our automatic collection of Default Data.”

·
Registered
13 Posts
That agreement makes it sound like just by buying a vehicle you agree to having your data collected 😳

“when you buy or lease a Connected Vehicle, you are consenting to our automatic collection of Default Data.”
Lol, nice one.

·
Registered
157 Posts

The key phrase is "Connected Vehicle". The vehicle is not part of the connected service and all that it entails until you agree to have it connected. So if you don't sign up, it's back to EDR only collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did Mazda alert you that connected services were finally activated on your 2020, or did it happen one day after you opened the app? I know it will eventually be activated for my 2019....just wondering if Mazda will send me an email or letter telling me about it.
So far everything has been working flawlessly. The update also now allows my car to give off a WiFi hotspot. The MyMazda app now has remote start/stop/lock etc. Very excited to have the remote start feature to cool down/heat up my car during the seasons.
View attachment 276911
View attachment 276912

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
37 Posts
Just downloaded and opened the app and no connected services for my 2019

1 - 20 of 56 Posts