2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 I have put wider tires than stock on it and the rear tires are rubbing the fenders when the suspension is being flexed and that had only been with one person in it so far. I have been told adjustable coil overs but most of them are going to lower the car and I need either a lift or same height with stiffer springs. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Get tires and rims that fit correctly, or roll and / or pull the fenders, or get adjustable camber arms so you can dial in some negative camber.....or any combination of those....adding super stiff rear springs won't help much.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the Mazda 5 spring and shock? I was reading where people are using them to "lift" the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
What about the Mazda 5 spring and shock? I was reading where people are using them to "lift" the car.
Why install half ass parts to fix incorrect tire and rim sizing....just get the right size tires and you will be all set.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because I want the size rim and tire I have put on it I just need a solution (preferably not body work) to be able to run them without damage. Im open to adjustable coil overs just was looking for recommendations on some that weren't for lowering the vehicle. If rolling the fenders is my only option I will do that.

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
How about pictures or something? Its very difficult to do stuff like this with zero details....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had wheel spacers on them and would like to go back to them if I can make all this work. But they are not on in the photos.

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Not gonna work even with a roll. You are going to need to do a lot of fender pulling to make that work, especially if you are adding spacers added on top of....that.... o_O. Those rims have waaaay to much offset. You need rims that actually fit the car. Not much else you can do....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not gonna work even with a roll. You are going to need to do a lot of fender pulling to make that work, especially if you are adding spacers added on top of....that.... o_O. Those rims have waaaay to much offset. You need rims that actually fit the car. Not much else you can do....
You don't think even air ride would help me out?

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Those tires are too wide....when you go over a bump, they are going to hit the fenders when the suspension compresses. Period. No other way around it unless you find some springs that are so stiff that they don't allow any suspension movement, and thats the last thing you want to do.
Air ride is just a suspension that works on compressed air from an on board compressor instead using sealed hydraulic or pressurized gas dampers. There is nothing about an air suspension that will help you unless it can lift the car way up so the tires don't rub. However, you don't want to lift the car 3" just to drive it either, thats just silly.....It would probably be cheaper just to get the proper rims and tires.
Besides that, doesn't your state motor vehicle code require that the tires need to be enclosed by the bodywork?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those tires are too wide....when you go over a bump, they are going to hit the fenders when the suspension compresses. Period. No other way around it unless you find some springs that are so stiff that they don't allow any suspension movement, and thats the last thing you want to do.
Air ride is just a suspension that works on compressed air from an on board compressor instead using sealed hydraulic or pressurized gas dampers. There is nothing about an air suspension that will help you unless it can lift the car way up so the tires don't rub. However, you don't want to lift the car 3" just to drive it either, thats just silly.....It would probably be cheaper just to get the proper rims and tires.
Besides that, doesn't your state motor vehicle code require that the tires need to be enclosed by the bodywork?
I understand and as far as the state codes I don't think so if there is they don't enforce trucks around here have their wheels all the out of the fender well. I'm in Tennessee if that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts