2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
My 3 is a manual but my previous car (a Hyundai Elantra) would do a sometimes startlingly harsh shift from 1st to 2nd on the first shift of the day. Colder weather and it sitting longer would combine to make it worse.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has done this as well since owning the car at 28k miles. If it has the cold light on, it hits hard from 1st to 2nd. Once the light is off, smooth sailing. Outside temperature impacts as well. It's almost if the trans temp is between 50-100 degrees. Any lower or higher its fine.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I have (had) three 2015-2016, Mex/Jap . All of them were doing that on a cooler day until warmed up.
Then I moved south with two of them (RIP 2015 Mex) and now this effect is only noticeable in the "winter".
The 2015 got two D/F at 40k and 50k. That didn't make a difference in this respect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have (had) three 2015-2016, Mex/Jap . All of them were doing that on a cooler day until warmed up.
Then I moved south with two of them (RIP 2015 Mex) and now this effect is only noticeable in the "winter".
The 2015 got two D/F at 40k and 50k. That didn't make a difference in this respect.
Im thinking pcm needs a flash to Update the shift programming. It seems common for everyone. I wonder even if a tsb is out.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts