2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you all storing your garage door openers? The visor on these cars is solid and fat. Mine won't clip on without sliding off.

I'm debating adding a button to the dash next to the TPMS button wired to my opener. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Try heavy duty velcro or double-sided tape this way you don't have to drill ,or cut anything.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Get a Homelink mirror. If you are comfortable with wiring, see my how-to. You can get it much cheaper than the Mazda accessory.

·
Registered
583 Posts
How are you all storing your garage door openers? The visor on these cars is solid and fat. Mine won't clip on without sliding off.

I'm debating adding a button to the dash next to the TPMS button wired to my opener. Any other suggestions?
Wondering if a stock button could be placed in the block , lower left side and if the opener is 12v as some are be wired there. Did something similar a few years ago and had the open under the hood in a out of the way place .

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts

I keep mine in the center console compartment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a Homelink mirror. If you are comfortable with wiring, see my how-to. You can get it much cheaper than the Mazda accessory.
I'd love to do this, but it is a bit out of my price range right now, having just bought new wheels and tires. This is my long term plan though!

Wondering if a stock button could be placed in the block , lower left side and if the opener is 12v as some are be wired there. Did something similar a few years ago and had the open under the hood in a out of the way place .
That is what I was thinking. I haven't done this particular install before, but I am comfortable with the wiring. The Factory Service Manual makes the dash removal around that piece look easy to access, so it is just a matter of making it an OEM looking button. Maybe Capacitive Touch??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts