Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Original Member
262 Posts
**CLIFFNOTES**

OP:

-Is overly concerned with what his car makes others think about him....the image.

-Must have lost many "street" races in his automatic MZ3 and decided he needed more power.

-Must have received many negative comments on the looks of his MZ3 from his highly mature peers, so when choosing more power, MS3 was out of the question.

-Now feels the need to make fun of the Mazda's appearance (and Mazda owners...and the mods they choose to do) because he no longer owns one and seeks to make himself feel better about his less-than-satisfying Mazda ownership experience.

-Is in his mid twenties and quickly learning that he is much, much better than most everyone else....but surely doesn't need to prove it to anyone.

-Thinks a VW is sophisticated.

To me, these are things I can derive about the OP from his posts in this thread alone. Based on previous replies here, I assume that if I searched more of his posts, then I would likely find my thoughts reiterated.

What gets me, is exactly what chromal so elegantly explained (props on the tact, chromal). If you don't like the car, fine...but when you post a thread like this on the forum of said vehicle, you should only expect to get negative replies (and I honestly feel this is one of those guys that just loves to stir the pot and watch what happens). Really though, some forums I'm on would have most likely made OP cry, followed by an IP ban. Point being, this type of post is not mature, like OP claims to be, and only shows the lack of intelligence in the poster. I can think of many more classy ways to say goodbye and thanks, but again, I really don't think that was the original intended message here. Anyway, he's got a lot to learn about cars, car forums, auto buying, social skills, etc. We should all wish him the best of luck.

We should also close this useless thread before it gets real ugly.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
If I could get $18.2K for my 2010 3S Hatch, I'd be singing all the way to the Subaru dealer....enjoy your new V-dub, man !

·
2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv
49 Posts
Tis' The Season

I was very entertained by this thread… Tis' the Season!:yes:

·
Original Member
262 Posts
If I could get $18.2K for my 2010 3S Hatch, I'd be singing all the way to the Subaru dealer....enjoy your new V-dub, man !

I just bought mine new with 26 miles on it for around 17.9 in Oct, so I agree fully...props to SMQ on the sale @ 18.2 . If I had an extra 6-7k to spend, I'd probably have ended up with a 2011 wrx sedan, but I'm likely a bit biased as a prior 3-time turbo subaru owner.

·
Registered
987 Posts
i would never own a modern VW. just taste in preferance and reliablity. when i was shopping for my car i test drove an 08 Audi A4 Quatro S. very fast, very sophisticated. yes, it still has a VW designed engine, but the car still satisfies the desire for power and the grown up look. i got the 3 b/c it's new, not used, it had all the same options that the A4 had (and then some), and the power was a little less, allowing me to keep my license and not getting arrested. i didn't get the speed b/c i know i'd get big tix in it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
**CLIFFNOTES**

OP:

-Is overly concerned with what his car makes others think about him....the image.

-Must have lost many "street" races in his automatic MZ3 and decided he needed more power.

-Must have received many negative comments on the looks of his MZ3 from his highly mature peers, so when choosing more power, MS3 was out of the question.

-Now feels the need to make fun of the Mazda's appearance (and Mazda owners...and the mods they choose to do) because he no longer owns one and seeks to make himself feel better about his less-than-satisfying Mazda ownership experience.

-Is in his mid twenties and quickly learning that he is much, much better than most everyone else....but surely doesn't need to prove it to anyone.

-Thinks a VW is sophisticated.

To me, these are things I can derive about the OP from his posts in this thread alone. Based on previous replies here, I assume that if I searched more of his posts, then I would likely find my thoughts reiterated.

What gets me, is exactly what chromal so elegantly explained (props on the tact, chromal). If you don't like the car, fine...but when you post a thread like this on the forum of said vehicle, you should only expect to get negative replies (and I honestly feel this is one of those guys that just loves to stir the pot and watch what happens). Really though, some forums I'm on would have most likely made OP cry, followed by an IP ban. Point being, this type of post is not mature, like OP claims to be, and only shows the lack of intelligence in the poster. I can think of many more classy ways to say goodbye and thanks, but again, I really don't think that was the original intended message here. Anyway, he's got a lot to learn about cars, car forums, auto buying, social skills, etc. We should all wish him the best of luck.

We should also close this useless thread before it gets real ugly.
Mike, sorry if your little feelings got hurt by my post. I never lost any street races because I don't street race. And it hasn't all been negative replies, some were positive. I do like to stir the pot, but thats about the only accurate part of your analogy. Nice try with the psych 101 shit pal, but you're mostly shooting blanks. See, its guys like you that the post was directed to. Because you actually get all worked up over a post on a stupid car forum. To the rest of you thank you. I think the Mazda3 is a great car all in all. Just wasn't for me in the long run. Its a different class from the GTI and ofcourse car 'class' goes up and up and up. I drove a few different 3 series and Audi A3s and A4s.. Settled on the GTIs for various reasons.. Oooooh, but I better stop. This is going to get ugly.. Uh oh.. Maybe my IP address will get blocked.. Then what will I do?

Best of luck to everyone on here who isn't a dipshit. A lot of you have really been very helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah man, I was stoked. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Subies but am not familiar with them. I know the Outback and Forester are supposed to be really solid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was very entertained by this thread… Tis' the Season!:yes:
Haha, cool man. Yeah, you know, its nice to 'stir the pot' every once in a while as the SENIOR MEMBER mentioned.. I'll be off the forum in a day or so and I figured, what the hell.. It was either this, or everyone has to read yet another post about some guy's step by step SRI installation.. That stuff is riveting and all but once in a while, people like a little entertainment..

"Is not better! It is NOT!!! You're car is going to break down and you'll be sorry! That'll show you!!! VW's break down! Take that!!!"

:eek:hmy 1:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've been looking @ GTIs recently (test drove an '06 w/ DSG last week, liked the car, jurys still out on the tranny) - I come from a family of German cars and my best buddy is a BMW nut. German cars are very hit or miss in terms of reliability - my dad currently has an '08 A4 with the 2.0T and 47k on the clock and it hasn't missed a beat, and it sees the most use day in and day out. We also had a '95 A6 for a while that was also low-maintenance until the transmission went out. And on the other hand, my '98 A4 was a hard-luck car, and we had an '01 A6 wagon lease that was one problem after another. One thing is for certain tho, they're always expensive to fix, which is what's keeping me from switching over (that and because I don't hate my car...don't head-over-heels love it either)

Good luck with your new GTI - personally, the exterior looks aren't for me (I like the MkV much much better), but MAN that interior makes me smile just looking at it - Germans sure know how to make a good quality interior. To me, Golf/GTI vs. 3/MS3 is no comparison, different goals of each one. Don't discount Mazda down the road!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yeah man, I was stoked. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Subies but am not familiar with them. I know the Outback and Forester are supposed to be really solid.
i do believe the Forrester was available in the STI trim. it's CRAZY lookin! you can still get a turbo'd one, but it's MT only. my next whip will be a MazdaSpeed 6 or a turbo Subaru.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.