2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

false readings on my 2011 ms3

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  speed3forlife 
#1 ·
i have t-timer, sure sri, turbosmart dualport bov recir, and im getting false reading on my fuel. i dont know if its taking to much air or what?, and will it ruin the car??

#2 ·
A couple of quick questions:
Are you running the TS on full recycle?
Have you checked the SRI for leaks?
What do you mean by "Getting a false reading on my fuel" and how do you know this?

Z

#4 ·
High fuel trims means you are not metering all the air that is actually passing by your MAF sensor. It is a compensation that the ECU does based on feedback from the amount of O2 measured in your exhaust. Your ECU won't let you run lean, so chances are it is safe. However performance and fuel economy will be in the shitter! I had the same problem before with my old SRI intake. Most likely causes:

1. A leak in the intake after the MAF.
2. Missing or misaligned air straightener.
3. Dirty MAF (can be cleaned).
4. Bad wiring to MAF (can be delicate).

I would give the air straightener and MAF sensor a visual inspection, first.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#5 ·
The SURE SRI is defective, they are throwing CELs on the gen2. StreetUnit is working on this problem as we speak and I am sure will correct your intakes as soon as they fixed the problem. What are the details of the problem? Have you checked the code?

#6 ·
I was going to say the same thing you beat me to the punch.. RED FLASH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.