2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ZOOM-ZOOMIN'
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 2.5 L Mazda 3 GT 4-door. At 13,000 miles I am finally buying my first set of new tires to replace my factory Yokohoma Avids. I am looking into Falken or Kumho based on what I have been reading on line. Has anyone used these tires on their Mazda 3 and have any suggestions? Or what would you recommend?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm running the Kuhmo 4X's, but I've not heard of anyone using Falkens yet. The Wheel and Tire forum here has tons of discussion about what tires people have gone with and personal reviews.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
I'm on the Falken Ziex 912. Really quiet tires with good treadwear, but not quite as grippy as I'd like. I can feel them start to slip as I'm pushing it. I'm probably going with the Hankook Ventus V12 next.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got the hankook ventus v12s and they are great tire, great grip, even in water they're awesome. Thread wear is rate at 280 though, idk if you'd want better perhaps

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Kumho or some good tires, I'd also look at Hankook v12 ventus and continental extremecontact dws

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hankook v12 is the best DD tire around if you're okay with 20-22k miles from a tire. I love them. Though my R-S3s are more fun but those would die so fast if they were DDed :p

V12s are very very quiet, extremely gripped for their class and really cheap. These things would be my tire of choice if I wanted to do an autocross in the rain, thats how good they are in water.

Just keep away from snow/ice.

·
The One
54 Posts
You only got 13K out of your stockers, thats pretty sh!tty... You must do alot of spirited driving, as for your question, ive run both brand of tires, on my last car which was a boosted IS300, and to tell you the truth i will be using kumhos when i need new tires on my 3... They where quiter, and just handeld better and i pushed them pretty hard...

·
Registered
750 Posts
You only got 13K out of your stockers, thats pretty sh!tty... You must do alot of spirited driving, as for your question, ive run both brand of tires, on my last car which was a boosted IS300, and to tell you the truth i will be using kumhos when i need new tires on my 3... They where quiter, and just handeld better and i pushed them pretty hard...
For the stock Yoko's 13K isn't that much lower than most of us have got out of them. They were a really poor tire. I drive in fairly mild manner on straight mid-western roads and only got around 17K before they were unusable (I typically get 45~60K out of a tire). There was still rubber left on the tire, but due to the design of the tread pattern it was totally unusable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts