2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following is how to remove the factory receiver and install a PAC Audio AOEM-MAZ2 which gives you 2 sets of RCA outputs to connect amplified speakers or whatever you desire.

Time required: 20-30 minutes

Tools required:
1x small flat head screwdriver
1x #2 Phillips head screwdriver

Step 1: Gently pry with a small flat blade screwdriver along the edge indicated by the arrows in the first picture. It will pop out and pull the vents toward you and move out of the way.

*Note* The red circles are where the vent unit connects to the dash this is where it will release from.

Step 2: See above image, remove the two screws indicated by the blue circles, and the whole receiver will slide towards you until you run out of slack from the wiring harnesses. In my car it was barely enough to get my hands in there.

Step 3: Remove said wiring harnesses and remove receiver completely. Now would be a perfect time to curse at them. The green circle is the harness that will connect to the brown female harness on the AOEM-MAZ2. The two brown circles connect back to the factory receiver.

Step 4: Picture above shows the two ends on the AOEM-MAZ2, purple being the harness that will go into the factory receiver, green being the one that connects to the car harness.

Step 5: *Optional* As I wasn't wiring the rest of the system for sound today, I snaked a wire down to pull up a dummy set of RCA's to be installed at a later date. I recommend it though.

RCA's ran through dash.

Step 6: Position AOEM-MAZ2 however you like, the little space behind the bracket worked quite well to hold it snugly in place. Run the other RCA output and remote wire turn on to the right and tuck out of the way unless you are utilizing them immediately.

Step 7: Reverse steps 1-3 and reassemble. Prior to reassembly I recommend plugging it all in and testing before finalizing the install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome right up! Just what I was looking for. Anyway I looked for this kit online and found it but for some reason this is what it said for the compatible applications:
* 2001 - 2005 Protege
* 2001 - 2005 Tribute
* 2004 - 2005 RX8
* 2004 - 2007 3-Series
* 2001 - 2002 Millenia
* 2001 - 2007 5-Series
* 2003 - 2005 6-Series
* 2001 - 2002 626

Will this work on the 2010 MS3? I'm thikning that perhaps this item description was just written before the later models were built, but I may be wrong. Where di you purchase yours and how much did you get it for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Click the link that is the item name in my write up and it'll take you directly to the product page for where I bought it. And I believe it works for MS3's as well, so long as you do not have the Bose stereo.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Will this work on the 2010 MS3? I'm thikning that perhaps this item description was just written before the later models were built, but I may be wrong. Where di you purchase yours and how much did you get it for?
If you read the comments on that link, a guy w/2008 MS3 w/Bose did it. I also did it on my 2010 MZ3 w/Bose. Works fantastic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't run it yet, but when I do there is gonna be two of them. And a picture guide on where and how to run it. In retrospect I should have went with 0 gauge to a 4 gauge distribution block, but I have all this 4g Monster Cable...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in the same boat. i haven't run my amp wire either but have the RCA and remote run. there really is nowhere convenient to run it without having to remove the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice write up. I just got my pac unit in the mail today. Its the same part you have, but on the back of the package it came in it says its only for units WITH the Bose unit. I double checked everything and it seems to be the exact same piece so I hope it works.

Does anyone have a write up on running the power cable? Also, does someone have the service manual for this car? I dont really know how to remove the door panels to install the speakers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
remote wire

I read on another forum that the remote on this pac unit is always on? is that true?

or is the power for the remote only on when the car is on? thanks

·
SpeedRacer
48 Posts
Online it shows that the previous version of the PAC was compatible with the bose system and amp but has been replaced by this new one which is incompatible. Does anyone know of another version that can be used in a bose system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to confirm, that the unit that was linked to DOES work in a 2010. Sonic Electronix swore that it was not compatible when I called to order and that I would have to splice wires, with the person going so far as to confirm with their supervisor. I ordered it anyways and had no problems installing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does using the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 interfere at all with the 2010 model factory installed bluetooth capabilities? I'm really excited to set up my LOC and amp, but I don't want to sacrifice the convenience of bluetooth. Anyone here have any experience with this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
so has anyone run power yet? i know it has been mentioned and no had done it yet but i REALLY want my sub hooked up ASAP and i wanna know the best way to run the wires. also, how do you control the sub output separate from speakers? cuz when i put in my sub i do not want the speakers to output the lows anymore, my amp has a high and low pass filter but the head unit doesnt so it seems like you either have base from the sub AND speakers or none at all if you control it with the stock HU am i right?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts