2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and really I would just like to pose a question. My dad is the one who owns a 2009 Mazda 3. It ate one of my CDs YEARS ago. It was always a gamble weather or not you would get your CD back but it has gotten to the point that even the disk in the unit will not play. My dad is more of a radio person so this has simply been forgotten; life goes on.

So questions:

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix or is it repair by replacement?

Has anyone tried one of those ebay specials? For instance this Xtrons unit (it won't let me post a link)
"7" Android 6.0 Quad-Core Car DVD Stereo GPS Radio MP3 BT for Mazda 3 2004-2009"

I'm a big fan of Pioneer but the way the car stereo is integrated into the Mazda 3 I don't really like the look of a generic double din w/ a dash kit. I also like that this system comes with all the steering wheel control modules. If I were to go the pioneer rout I'd have to get the head unit, and the dash kit, and the wiring harness, and the steering wheel control module, and I probably wouldn't get a navigation unit so that's just an added bonus.

Again this will be for my dad's car possibly for his birthday ... not looking to do a 1000$ system for someone who likes the radio and the occasional CD.

Thank for the any positive or negative feedback!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Look at Pioneer `FH-X730BS

PAC RP4-MZ11 All-in-One Radio Replacement & Steering Wheel Control Interface (for Select Mazda Vehicles)

Metra 95-7504 Dash Kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
try getting an eonon radio, it's body looks like a factory install radio, it's an android powered radio, but right now theyre including a free back up camera. their harnesses can be a little bulky but if you can stow them correctly it'll be a nice install, it works with the steering controls and factory display, just the auxillary jack in the arm rest loses functionality but the radio has bluetooth and 12gb storage for music and apps. and the best part is it's plug and play i recommend the eonon GA7151S or the GA8151, they're the latest models with similar specs

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
pioneer makes good headunits, kenwood excelon units are my choice, I would avoid eonon as the person above suggested theyre rebadged no name Chinese radios and have massive quality control issues. the part numbers provided by geeboss are correct for the PACS steering wheel control unit and dash kit then you simply pick a radio you want, I think the kit in his link can do single or double din, most radios are single unless they have a screen or in the case of kenwood make a double din radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2nd on the Eonon. I got the GA7151A, and it boots lightning fast for an Android-based unit. I downloaded an offline GPS app (HereWeGo) and downloaded a couple states' maps for when I travel. Just don't feel like getting a 3G/4G dongle. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2008 headpiece CD player did the same thing and that is still my first choice for medium when I drive.

I called Crutchfield and talked with them to determine which replacement set would be best for me. We eventually settled on a Kenwood in my price range and all the extra parts (faceplate, part to keep the steering wheel controls operational, and a good installer they recommended). All I gave up was the temperature screen on the original set and they told me that ahead of time. I now have a set with tons of new features (bluetooth, HD radio, android connection, etc.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to really love pioneer head units but I recently purchased one for my Mazda and it's not like it used to be the quality is going down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts