2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on here! So I ordered my 3 iTouring HB with MT in meteor gray 3 weeks ago which has to be shipped over from Japan. No dealership even remotely close to my area had this exact model so I've been stuck playing the waiting game (it's supposed to arrive at the dealership on 1/31). There's no way I was gonna drop my hard earned money on something I wouldn't be 100% happy with straight off the lot. I really don't care for features as I'm all about the drive, but I pretty much went with the iTouring for the alloy wheels, blind spot monitoring (pretty cool), leather-wrapped steering wheel/brake, and the key-sensing entry. All of my past cars have been at least 10 years old and pieces of crap so this car will be a HUGE upgrade for me. Plus, I drive 90-100 miles per day so the mpg will be a major cash-saver in the long run.

Anyone else get their 3 ordered and shipped from the factory fresh off the lines? I'm getting soooo extremely excited for this thing to come. Three weeks has felt like 3 years! Who else feels my pain and excitement?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post pics of it when it comes in. I think already a few members have had the same situation for 2014 but 2nd gens we have had plenty of people. Are you planning any mods? If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Registered
132 Posts
-snipped-
Anyone else get their 3 ordered and shipped from the factory fresh off the lines? I'm getting soooo extremely excited for this thing to come. Three weeks has felt like 3 years! Who else feels my pain and excitement?
Three weeks? I'm still waiting, from ordering to delivery: four MONTHS :blush 1: Still 6 weeks to go...

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Three weeks? I'm still waiting, from ordering to delivery: four MONTHS :blush 1: Still 6 weeks to go...
Why so long?

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Dude we know how you feel (Mrs and I). Ordered ours on the 3rd Jan, expected build date isn't until 29th Jan, should arrive at our dealer about the 28th March.

Gone for the SportNav, 2.2 diesel & safty pack in deep crystal blue. Just want it on the drive, like, now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got very lucky in that the car was already built and was getting ready to be shipped from Japan when I put my deposit down at the dealership. So, hopefully I'll be seeing it next Friday as it has already hit US shores and is supposed to be on its way to the dealership.

March 28th, XplosiV?? I can't even imagine waiting that long. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! Post pics of it when it comes in. I think already a few members have had the same situation for 2014 but 2nd gens we have had plenty of people. Are you planning any mods? If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.
Thanks for the welcome! As far as "mods" go, I plan to get the windows tinted by summer time and purchase some WeatherTech floor liners ASAP. Winter in the Midwest has been awful this year. I'll be sure to post some pics when the car comes in.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Oh dude, trust me, it's only been three weeks and I'm anxious already, oh well, guess I'll just have to count down the days.

Ours should already be tinted around the back end, I believe and it's not worth doing the front or VOSA pull you over and test the windows - had that before on the current corsa.

Do keep us informed chap, can't wait to see pics!

Btw, welcome along, I think I forgot that lil detail earlier :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
First post on here! So I ordered my 3 iTouring HB with MT in meteor gray 3 weeks ago which has to be shipped over from Japan. No dealership even remotely close to my area had this exact model so I've been stuck playing the waiting game (it's supposed to arrive at the dealership on 1/31). There's no way I was gonna drop my hard earned money on something I wouldn't be 100% happy with straight off the lot. I really don't care for features as I'm all about the drive, but I pretty much went with the iTouring for the alloy wheels, blind spot monitoring (pretty cool), leather-wrapped steering wheel/brake, and the key-sensing entry. All of my past cars have been at least 10 years old and pieces of crap so this car will be a HUGE upgrade for me. Plus, I drive 90-100 miles per day so the mpg will be a major cash-saver in the long run.

I'm in the same shape here in CT. Different car, but the same boat apparently.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome and kudos to all of you for playing the waiting game. I'd have my nails chewed down to the bone if I had to wait:cheesy:
Guess I'm lucky I love the gen 1!!!
Can't wait to see some pics when you do get them!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked up my car earlier today. This thing is perfect, at least by my standards. Here are some pics (hopefully they were uploaded correctly)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Looks great

Reactions: VeloDPT

·
Registered
246 Posts
well sir that definitely is a brand new car!! lol 7 miles wow looks nice and great color

Reactions: VeloDPT
1 - 16 of 16 Posts