2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where the interior lighting package footwell lights are located? Does anybody know what they look like? All my interior led lights work, except the ones lighting the footwell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
Does anybody know where the interior lighting package footwell lights are located? Does anybody know what they look like? All my interior led lights work, except the ones lighting the footwell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't tell what year your car is, but it looks like a 2010-2013 from what I can see in your photo.

My 2012 did not have the factory footwell lighting from the factory but I bought the parts from mazda and added them. They attach on the cross car beam which is under the IP. It is part of the IP skeleton.

Get in the car head first, upside down and look above the pedals. On the passenger side it is under the glove box.

I believe the mazda dealer instructions tell them to splice them into a ignition feed power source. I personally wired mine to my running light circuit. You need to trace the wire back and check for an open circuit, (or a loose/open ground)

All of this is assuming your parts are the same as mine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, you probably do not have them installed.

I bought the package and installed myself and installed a set in my uncle's truck, but since it was a Chevy, we had to do a little modification for the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.