2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Factory HID Cut Off

Tags
cut factory hid
3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Alex Lao 
#1 ·
I always thought the headlights on the Mazda were a bit weak, and after driving a few friends cars with factory HID lighting, I knew something was wrong.

I do not have a flat cut off. The driver side is a wide 'V' shape, there is a 'notch' on each side, and the driver side output is noticeably less than the passenger side.

These pictures were taken approx 5ft and 10ft from my garage door.

Thoughts?

See less See more
#7 ·
Factory HID with adaptive left/right feature turned off. (not sure what that is called)

I did notice one of the plastic caps has a piece of plastic broken off, so previous owner or mechanic was in there once before...

Broken cap

#10 ·
Totally just trying to help people out. 3/8 Hex Socket works too. Plus, it locks on the actual plastic portion instead of manipulating the teeth or the flat head portion (that continually kept slipping for me). I went through the wheel well on driver side and had enough clearance on the passenger. I used a multi-driver slapped the 3/8 on and turned to my hearts content!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.