2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Factory 18" wheel specifications

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Hatch-it 
#1 ·
I've tried searching in vain, on this website and in the owner's manual, but can't seem to find the wheel specifications, i.e. widths, offsets, and weights. Can anyone point me to this information?
Specifically, I'm driving a 2018 Mazda3 GT hatchback fitted with factory 18" diameter wheels.
Thank you in advance!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
I've been playing around on www.tire rack.com and www.wheel-size.com/calc. I've found a "plus one" wheel and tire combination that is almost identical in overall tire diameter and exactly matches the factory offset:
Enkei Raijin-19, size19"x8.5" ET50, paired with 235/35x19" tires. IDK if they'll fit or not, but there's no change in offset so the difference of 20mm in tire width and 1.5" (38mm) in wheel width is split evenly on both inside and outside clearances. Also, speedometer error is minimal (approx. +.5%), and scrub radius is unchanged. What do you think? Is there sufficient clearance for this fitment, based on the community's experience?
Edit: for comparison, a commonly used 225/45x18" tire fitted to a 18"x8" ET45 wheel reduces the outboard clearance almost identically. If that is acceptable (and please correct me if I'm wrong), then the inboard clearance is the only real concern..

#6 ·
If anyone has measured the inboard clearance between the factory 18" wheels and tires, and the front and rear suspensions, would you please post your measurements here?
The candidate 19" wheel and tire combination, listed above, requires at least 19mm (wheel) and 10mm (tire) clearances, plus some margin for tire and wheel deflections, tolerances, etc.

#8 ·
This combination isn't listed on tire rack; I came up with it based on trying to maintain the same wheel offset and overall tire diameter (so as not to disturb bith the scrub radius and speedometer reading). while increasing the section width. I didn't intentionally choose a +1 wheel and tire fitment; rather this was the only combination I could find that met all of the criteria. Do my question still stands. Any and all help is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.