2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm lowered on Corksport springs, and my springs settled and I'm beating up my front bumper pretty bad. I wanted to know if the OEM lip would protect my bumper, or it's just something that would end up breaking off?

I just put on the EZ Lip for $35 on Amazon. Was curious if you guys think it makes the car look cheap, or it's a good investment to protect my bumper?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the way you have put it on so it sits back from the front of the bumper and comes forward... A few images I've seen of the EZlip look kinda crappy because it looks like it has been put on too far to the "outside"/edge and tape edges are visable, etc.

The way you have put it on, I think I'm in the "good investment to protect my bumper" camp.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
^Agreed. Looks really good.

Reactions: bsteezy

·
Registered
466 Posts
That is definitely one of the better applications I've seen of the EZ lip :thumbup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I'm lowered on Corksport springs, and my springs settled and I'm beating up my front bumper pretty bad. I wanted to know if the OEM lip would protect my bumper, or it's just something that would end up breaking off?

I just put on the EZ Lip for $35 on Amazon. Was curious if you guys think it makes the car look cheap, or it's a good investment to protect my bumper?

Looks great man! some1 may almost think you have installed the Mz3 front bodykit :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
OK so if I buy the EZ lip, will you install it for me...LOL :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
The EZ lip looks nice!

As far as breaking off, there's a chance. But if you've just been slightly rubbing your bumper, it should be ok.

Reactions: bsteezy

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah and I'm in Jersey!

Reactions: fidlikus

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so if I buy the EZ lip, will you install it for me...LOL :p
Great Idea!...ME Too! :001_cool:

....But I'm guessing that Southern Ontario is probably a bit too far from Southern Cal.... bummer :crybaby 1:
Yeah come to San Diego and I'll install for you guys haha. I can see how people could install it incorrectly, and make it stick out too far. If you run your fingers underneath the bumper you can feel like an edge... I applied the EZ lip following that edge all the way around. That ensures a clean consistent application all the way around.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hold up........wth is this EZ lip? Garage door trim? That looks really nice. Has it held up to highway speeds?

·
Registered
530 Posts
5 Ok now post the close ups of the actual install.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts