2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I got a Mazda 3, 2013 A.T with 2.0 engine, bought the car around 5 months ago.

I have been checking my fuel consumption ever since and i am getting a bit worried. am getting an average of 15.76 mpg mostly city drive with high traffic.

Any one has ever got those numbers? What might be the problem? I live in Quito, Ecuador (around 2800 meter above sea level, maybe that has something to do with it).

Looking forward for any advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi everyone,

I got a Mazda 3, 2013 A.T with 2.0 engine, bought the car around 5 months ago.

I have been checking my fuel consumption ever since and i am getting a bit worried. am getting an average of 15.76 mpg mostly city drive with high traffic.

Any one has ever got those numbers? What might be the problem? I live in Quito, Ecuador (around 2800 meter above sea level, maybe that has something to do with it).

Looking forward for any advise.

Thanks
Before all the experts start in with altitude etc. let's check the basics. Are the brakes / handbrake releasing fully, are your tyre pressures correct, is your air filter clean?

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
First thing you should check is your coolant temperature sensor and O2 sensors. Bad sensors can have a big effect on fuel economy. Do you have access to an OBD scan tool?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vulcanben,

Brakes and handbrake are releasing fully, tyre pressure is correct (still which pressure do you recommend so i can compare?) and just changed the air filter 5 days ago, i will report if i see a difference after that.

Arathol,

Unluckily i dont have an OBD scan tool, might go and visit a mazda dealership but just not yet because its a bit expensive here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts