2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
such grim, vry kvlt, wow.
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Still just in the humble beginnings, but things are starting to come together more so I figured I'd get started on one of these, as there's plenty of spend yet spent!

CURRENT:
-Tint 20F/5R
-Pasti-dipped badges
-Black vinyl roof wrap
-CS plate relocate
-Gunmetal MS3 wheels
-OEM fog light kit
-BC BR coils
-DDM 35w 6000k HID low beams
-CS MS3 RSB

WAITING TO INSTALL:
-Red-out tail light vinyl (although I'll probably end up just going with VHT, vinyl's a beezy!)
-Leftover roof vinyl on interior trim
-Interim Home Depot lip

SOON/EVENTUALLY:
-LEDs... everywhere
-Re-upholster door cards
-Hella supertones
-Bayson-R wind deflectors
-Painted calipers
-Bodymatched grill insert
-Painted HL housings
-STI lip (if: poor impulse control, then: GV lip)
-OEM LED tails
-OEM side sills
-SRI
-Tune? (likely OTS)

THE STORY SO FAR:

03-01-14. I pick dat ass up from the dealership, my first real grown-up car, only 16.5k on her. Here's the first picture I took.

Obligatory first mods: Tint 'n' Dip, these were all done within a week or so. Chrome basic as fuq tho.

Some time later, 2-3 weeks maybe, I decided to go for something a bit more challenging and wrap my roof. I waffled on DIYing it for a bit, but getting quoted like $350+ from 3 different shops was all the motivation I needed. Didn't turn out perfect, but definitely passable, and I can certainly live with it for now.

Several minutes later, @fizyliftingdrnks is parting out his 2.5 hatch and I snag his CS plate relocate while supplies last. @Sublime27 did most of the work installing it because I'm a shitheel and just stood around lurking the other cars, sorry dood! During this same trip I also went and picked up some coils from @Noir. Here's the bracket installed. Need some bumper plugs!

BONUS: when I was picking up the plate bracket and coils, a shiny-ass barely driven set of MS3 wheels quite literally rolled into my lap... figuratively. Couldn't have worked out better and I went and picked those up the next weekend. They look so much more natural on my car than the stock 16s did, it's a little silly. So what if they're heavy as balls, I say! That gap tho.

Meanwhile, in the present day, OEM fog kit goes in ezpz. By far the most "difficult" portion of this install is dropping the bumper. Which itself is more tedious than difficult, as everyone knows. A small improvement but I knew I wanted them from the day I picked up the car so I was pretty happy to get it squared away. Will upgrade with the CS LED conversion in the near future.

UNTIL NEXT TIME! ( *~*)\m/

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice start. I like the vinyl roof and want to get that done myself. Keep on building and have fun :cheesy:

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
LOL poor impulse control. You know you want a GV lip.

Reactions: Extra

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!
@color0 Yes, yes I do...
@BIGDOC That was probably the mod that I enjoyed doing the most so far, pretty challenging but doesn't otherwise require a ton of setup or tools, and I love the look. Patience was the key!

·
Registered
484 Posts
BONUS: when I was picking up the plate bracket and coils, a shiny-ass barely driven set of MS3 wheels quite literally rolled into my lap... figuratively.
I wish a nice shiny set of '13 MS3 wheels would roll into my lap. :crying:

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish a nice shiny set of '13 MS3 wheels would roll into my lap. :crying:
Sheer, dumb luck at its best! I happened to meet Kier right after he had just picked up his RPFs. Made him an offer for his stockies on the spot lol.

Don't give up hooOoooooOope!

Reactions: Bryan207

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love the blue, in my opinion, wish the 2013 Speed came in that color!

There are cheap MS3 wheels on ebay now and then.

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the blue, in my opinion, wish the 2013 Speed came in that color!

There are cheap MS3 wheels on ebay now and then.
Hell yeah I'd take a Sky Blue MS3! True point about the wheels also, there seems to be no shortage of speed owners who wanna part with their stock wheels, and in fact I think most of them end up doing it sooner than later! If anything, approach every owner you see with stock wheels and tell them you'll help subsidize their purchase of a hot new set of aftermarket wheels XD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hell yeah I'd take a Sky Blue MS3! True point about the wheels also, there seems to be no shortage of speed owners who wanna part with their stock wheels, and in fact I think most of them end up doing it sooner than later! If anything, approach every owner you see with stock wheels and tell them you'll help subsidize their purchase of a hot new set of aftermarket wheels XD.
One can never have too many sets of wheels. Especially after this winter

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Big day today! Went from HUMPS:

TO DUMPS AWW YEAHH:

Major thanks are due to @finaldrive, @mazdaspeedmyk, @fizyliftingdrnks, and MyStErY MaTt. Without these righteous dudes, my coils would still be sitting in a box in my garage. Seriously though, they did like 93% of the work because I'm a scrub.

Couldn't be more stoked on these coils, I had a nice 2+ hour drive back to San Diego to get to know them and am very pleased. Very very solid upgrade from stock. Only gripe is that the ABS bracket scrapes the very inside lip of the wheel a teensy bit on the passenger side when making a u-turn. Nothing a few taps with a hammer can't address though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hhhhhhhmmmmmm Hhhhmmm! Looks sweet really does make a difference when it's dropped. I to am a spanner (wrench) when it comes to mechanics stuff leave it to em I say I just sit in the corner playin with my Fuffer valve n' Springer system what ever they are!!!!??
I get mine lowered on the 16th May roll on :cheesy:

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
212 Posts
Lookin Nice...

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@My spoon is too big, it was a good time! Went quicker than I'd expected. You get that SF cab all set up?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts