2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do everybody try to using external usb hub on Mazda Connect to add more usb port?

I try to use one but the CMU did not detect it at all, i think may be CMU don't have driver for it.....

May be some one know how to install driver on CMU for external usb hub.

Thank and Best regards!

·
Registered
195 Posts
As the CMU is a fairly normal Linux computer, i would guess that it should work. The USB ports do not have much power though, as they are meant for USB memory sticks - maybe the hub you tried used too much power? I would suggest trying a different one before giving up.
I dont know how many USB ports the M3 has, but the M6 has two and i would guess that they are already set up with an "internal" usb hub.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the CMU is a fairly normal Linux computer, i would guess that it should work. The USB ports do not have much power though, as they are meant for USB memory sticks - maybe the hub you tried used too much power? I would suggest trying a different one before giving up.
I dont know how many USB ports the M3 has, but the M6 has two and i would guess that they are already set up with an "internal" usb hub.
Thank for your suggestion, i will try with other external usb hub.

In M3, it has two usb port too, but i want more than that for use diffirent usb DAC.

Thank and best regard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any hub will work the same regarding USB comunication.

Regarding power it's a different matter, as the port provides no more than 500mA which is not enough for most applications.

I use this hub to fast-charge on my Xiaomi mi A1 and getting android auto working at the same time. It supports BC 1.2 as the one before but it's flat.

Code:
Hub USB 3.0, CHOETECH 4-Porte Hub 3.0 con BC 1.2 Caricatore, Adattatore USB Type-C per 2016/2017 MacBook Pro, MacBook 12”, MacBook Air e altri pc
Will also publish some neat 3d printable cover to hide it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
As the CMU is a fairly normal Linux computer, i would guess that it should work. The USB ports do not have much power though, as they are meant for USB memory sticks - maybe the hub you tried used too much power?
If you want more power, there's USB hubs you can get that are externally powered; they'll pass through the data like a normal USB hub, but they'll provide power from the external source. I'm pretty sure I've read of other people using these successfully on these cars, since the puny 500mA power limit on our ports is indeed a real problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts