2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team Mazda,

I was looking into installing some extended side skirts for my 2011 Mazda 3 hatch. Most of the side skirts I've seen don't have holes drilled into them which makes me assume that after I place them underneath the original side skirts to drill holes into it, is this correct? I assume you could also do 3m tape but it wouldn't be as secured as screws. Added some pictures. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

Reactions: J3Mazda3

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You'd most likely need to drill holes in your existing skirts to attach the extensions if you want the permanently mounted. Otherwise it's double siding 3M tape.
Or you can look at new beefier skirts altogether, that's the route I took with my 3. I wanted a complete once piece beefy skirt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably just end up drilling some holes into my existing skirts. I've used 3M tape before but doesn't feel as secure as I want it to be. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: J3Mazda3

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
I'll probably just end up drilling some holes into my existing skirts. I've used 3M tape before but doesn't feel as secure as I want it to be. Thanks for the help!

You use self taping screws. Tape won't hold it, especially when you go over speed bumps.

Moved to MZ3 section.

Edit:
I think mine are held in by 6-8 screws. The BaysonR side lip kits come with what you'll need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts