2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a good sounding exhaust for my 2013 Mazda 3 i 2.0L. I'm debating between Corksport and Magnaflow. I want something that sounds like a preformance car not a ricer. Any suggestions? Pros and cons? Also what does it mean when they say the exhaust has a drone?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
doesn't cobb and corksport make one? if so i would probably go corksport, as they make great stuff, i have order stuff from them before its always been good.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Racing Beat on my 2012 2.0 Skyactiv. Love the sound of it, it's deep and not buzzy at all.

Drone would be if youre cruising at a constant speed, like on the highway for example, and the exhaust would be making a noticeable hum as opposed to quieting down.

My favorite part about the Racing Beat exhaust is that it sounds great on start-up and under acceleration but is quiet otherwise.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too wanted to avoid sounding ricey, and the Racing Beat for my 2016 2.5 hatch does that well. On the highway it only drones when accelerating slightly, overall it's pretty civil in day to day driving.

I don't want to spam my video all over the forum, so check my OV tuning thread for a video of sound from cabin.

ohh thanks nice!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Racing Beat is just right for me, the sound, the gains, & the look. Other brands I've seen break their assembly into multiple pcs for shipping ease, cost reduction more than any other reason. RB built theirs 1pc w/ precision. No movable joints. No leak risks nor install/realignment issues. Install once & leave it there worry-free.:)

·
Super Moderator
5,215 Posts
Racing Beat is just right for me, the sound, the gains, & the look. Other brands I've seen break their assembly into multiple pcs for shipping ease, cost reduction more than any other reason. RB built theirs 1pc w/ precision. No movable joints. No leak risks nor install/realignment issues. Install once & leave it there worry-free.:)
The Ultimate Racing axle back is the same, except for the tips. As there are several different tips options available for this one I can see why its done that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts