2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Exhaust System for the 2.5l Sedan

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Dexterity 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring Sedan wanted to start giving it upgrades by changing the exhaust but cant find any for the 2.5l engine anyone know if the magnaflow or corksport ones for the 2.0l sedan would work if so tell me and if not does anyone know of an exhaust kit that does?

#2 · (Edited)
Corksport fits both and a few others make a 2.5 variant. However, Magna only makes the 2.5 variant for hatches.

#3 ·
I have the exact same car as you do. TMK, with the sedan, you only have two "off-the-shelf" systems...CorkSport or Racing Beat. The 2.0 and 2.5L engines use the same exhaust.

#8 ·
so your saying that the corksprt and that racing beat exhaust system will work on both 2.0l and 2.5l? i thought it work have some effect on the system or something (not a car guy and dont have any trusted mecanics around) so i would be able to install the corksport system on my sedan 2.5l even though everywhere it states its only for the 2.0l? How about the magnaflow exhaust that has a system for the 2.0l sedan and it says does not fit 2.5?

#9 ·
so your saying that the corksprt and that racing beat exhaust system will work on both 2.0l and 2.5l?
Yes, that is what I'm saying.
Here is a link to the Racing Beat axleback that says it fits both the 2.0L and 2.5L engines.
Exhaust System - 4 Door for 2014-18 Mazda3 Skyactiv 2.0/2.5 - Racing Beat

so i would be able to install the corksport system on my sedan 2.5l even though everywhere it states its only for the 2.0l?
Not sure how you concluded that "everywhere it states its only for the 2.0L". Under the FAQ section for the exhaust on their website, its says it will fit both 2.0 and 2.5.
Also, here is a video showing a Corksport axleback on a Mazda3 2.5L sedan...

If you still have doubts, you could always contact Corksport directly and ask to be sure.

How about the magnaflow exhaust that has a system for the 2.0l sedan and it says does not fit 2.5?
The Magnaflow system also includes a midpipe. Not sure if the 2.0/2.5 midpipes are the same. Again, you could always contact them to ask.

Reactions: giantcucu
#5 ·
You can also buy a rear diffuser and use the hatchback exhausts.

I have a 2016 sedan grand touring and have been wondering if the hatchback exhaust will work with this diffuser. Do you know if everything lines up fine? Hate to buy the diffuser all the way from russia and the exhaust not line up with the cutouts

Reactions: ELegend3
#13 ·
This is interesting... But aren't the hatchbacks a little shorter from the rear than the sedans? I wonder if the tips would need to be extended out...

#7 ·
True. I guess I'm just trying to avoid going to a muffler shop at all. I wish i knew of someone whos already done this. Anyways thanks

#11 ·
I had been curious about this myself. When I talked to CS in person about it they said it wasn't, but then again I'm also asking a tuner/racer if they think it's over the top.

Is your GT a manual or auto? I ended up having to pull the CS SRI because the auto RPMs go way too low and make unpleasant sounds at low RPMs.

Been considering Racing Beat for the exhaust so far, mellowest sound out of all the aftermarkets...

#14 ·
so which exhaust did ya end up getting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.