2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed an Ultimate Racing exhaust on my 2016 Mazda 3 Hatch. It only has 2 of the pinhooks to secure it as opposed to the 4 that was on the original muffler. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to pull the exhaust up so that it sits more flush with the bumper. I won't be doing it until after the rolled angle cut tips come in but all suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
From the looks of it, it is just not sitting right. The outlets don't look centered and the left one is too low. You can probably move it around enough to center it, and you can tweak the hanger pin on the left side a bit to raise it up. Just play with it a bit until it looks right.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Could always visit an exhaust shop and have them easily add 2 more hangers.

·
Rubber side down
272 Posts
just to add one more suggestion on top of those options, probably a last resort:

Polyurethane exhaust hangers are more firm and will not allow the exhaust to sag as much. It will also prevent the exhaust from shifting around when driving. This may be useful to prevent contact with the bumper if you want to get the exhaust tips tucked up really tight. Side effects may include squeeking and increased exhaust vibration through the chassis.

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Could always visit an exhaust shop and have them easily add 2 more hangers.
Yeah thats a possibility but there isn't really any place to put them. The UR system isn't real big, nowhere near the size of the OEM part. It uses the rear hangers, and there is nothing aft of that to support or attach a hanger to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts