2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have owned a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5L for about 7 months now. I wanted to start off with an exhaust and ended up buying and installing the Magnaflow CBE. Recently, I went on YouTube and saw a person with a great setup and was intrigued. Here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVSfMiyJ5Q. He has a Greddy RS weld on muffler/exhaust. My question is, would it be possible to cut the muffler on my MF CBE and the right side exit, then add a weld on muffler? I want to keep the piping from the Cat back, I just want to switch to single exit with the weld on. I'm really kind of a noob at this car thing but I'm willing to do anything to learn more. Please let me know as I've been searching for an answer everywhere. I don't want to buy something and then be disappointed that it doesn't work. Thanks in andvance

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sure it can be done but why not sell the magnaflow setup then have some 2.25in mandrel bent pipe installed with that greddy muffler? You may come out on top a couple bucks depending on how much that muffler is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure it can be done but why not sell the magnaflow setup then have some 2.25in mandrel bent pipe installed with that greddy muffler? You may come out on top a couple bucks depending on how much that muffler is
I am really new at this stuff haha. So you think I should cut out the whole CB, sell it and install new piping? To be honest, I do not know how to weld and was planning on just going to an exhaust shop to have them install it. I can definitely see how that would save me money and I am all for it, welding is the issue. Thanks man, I will look more into it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts