2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get an exhaust system for my 2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv within the next couple months and need some advice on which system to get. Any knowledge how be grateful.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
What advice are you specifically looking for?

Also, there is so many threads on this topic....

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Corksport is gonna be loud, magnaflow should have a nice deep tone (atleast they did for my civic si 2.0), and cant say for borla

·
Registered
60 Posts
Heard the best around here is racing beat. Heard its low and sounds awesome. But if you want the loud fart can ricer one, corksport is where that's at. I'm ready for the corksport fans to start the venal online abuse. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Heard the best around here is racing beat. Heard its low and sounds awesome. But if you want the loud fart can ricer one, corksport is where that's at. I'm ready for the corksport fans to start the venal online abuse. Lol

From what I've heard.. CS is actually a deep tone like magnaflow just louder... not much of a CS fan but I support them cause they make parts for our cars :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Straight pipe! :D

·
2.5gtfaustino
10 Posts
I can vouch for corksport I have it on my 2.5 with the race pipe. It's got a nice deep tone, loud but gets quiet when you just cruise it's quiet that you could barely hear it. No drone also

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If you guys wanna wait a week or two (hopefully) I'll have the Racing Best exhaust and a comparison with stock for you to hear.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Iv been stuck on the exhaust.... I want the Corksport exhaust. Since its performance gains... its not too expensive... and sounds pretty decent. Magnaflow...well idk...its pricey. For racing beat iv heard vidoes... and honestly the conclusion i have come to is that there isnt much to the sound really. Maybe if i heard it in person id notice it. Thats why i like corksport since you can tell the difference idling also.

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
Cs wins. End of discussion.

Edit: @Crespo wins

Reactions: Crespo

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
@Crespo I'm really impressed with the crackling after-burn. Mine doesn't do that at all. Which part of your exhaust is responsible for that?

Reactions: Crespo

·
Registered
199 Posts
Iv been stuck on the exhaust.... I want the Corksport exhaust. Since its performance gains... its not too expensive... and sounds pretty decent. Magnaflow...well idk...its pricey. For racing beat iv heard vidoes... and honestly the conclusion i have come to is that there isnt much to the sound really. Maybe if i heard it in person id notice it. Thats why i like corksport since you can tell the difference idling also.
The corksport exhaust doesn't increase performance on the skyactiv mazda 3 engine, the dyno chart is hard to find nowadays but the chart CS released showed the HP and torque numbers to be lower 90% of the time. At the very peak it does add a couple of HP but you are losing HP and torque when your RPMs are anywhere under 6000. By the way - the dyno was run with the CS intake and exhaust, you might actually lose more power just throwing the CS exhaust on alone.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I should just say this but the performance aspects on the skyactiv are pretty much maxed out unless you get a good tuner...

But, you can go faster with handling mods :thumbup 1:

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
@Crespo I'm really impressed with the crackling after-burn. Mine doesn't do that at all. Which part of your exhaust is responsible for that?
Pretty sure that since there are no cats and both the muffler and resonator are straight-through designs, the combo of those allows for that to happen. When the car is below 1/4 tank, it likes to crackle alot and even pops some flames.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts