·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
+1 for RacingBeat here.

Reactions: sofa king

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
can you please post few pictures and maybe a video with sound.
i'm looking towards magnaflow too but can't decide yet.
tnx
Youtube is overflowing with sound clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Droning

My big beef with aftermarket exhaust is droning at the sweet spot when you are cruising on the interstates. Can you guys verify how things have been with Racing Beat and Magnaflow or any of the others.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
My big beef with aftermarket exhaust is droning at the sweet spot when you are cruising on the interstates. Can you guys verify how things have been with Racing Beat and Magnaflow or any of the others.
I can tell you at highway speed, the RacingBeat exhaust has absolutely zero drone.
Sounds exactly like stock inside the cabin...until you hammer it... Then you melt at the sound it makes.

The magnaflow is a catback, so you're definitely going to get some drone. Whereas the RacingBeat is an axleback.

Reactions: Tarant

·
Registered
29 Posts
yep, found them 5min after posting ^^, still i would like to see pic, i only saw them installed on models without rear fog light
As requested. Don't care for the Corksport or Racing Beat on sedan - you cant see the exhaust tips, at all.

P.S. Contrary to what some have said, there is NO drone with this exhaust, and I have an automatic.

Attachments

·
older&wiser
51 Posts
I just read that the racing beat exhaust has no drone. I was searching for a full comparison between theirs and the corksport.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Personally, I do not like the looks of those tips. Without having the cutouts, it looks like it hangs down and out too far. I think having the tips modified and rear diffuser cutout looks nicer. I have bolt on tips for now but I like them because they are higher up and set back a little. After seeing two sedans with this exhaust, my plan for the racing beat and having the tips modified and rear diffuser cut is definitely the way I am going.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Just some comparison pics. By no means am I trying to insult anyone. I just think...and it's only my opinion...that the Magnaflow exhaust, without modifying the rear, just looks off.

Attachments

Reactions: nicadrummer

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've got the CS cat back and I love it, the sound is really deep and throaty, you feel more power with the removal of 2nd cat, the finish of the exhaust is 1st class, meaning the polish and shine is real quality. I also have grown to love the "stealth" turn down pipes, they follow the original design mazda decided on when making this gen. Drone....??? I feel a lot of folks get this wrong? On highway doing 130-140 kms/hour in 6th gear yeah you hear that you got a really good aftermarket exhaust, doing 100 - 120kms/hour in 6th gear will produce drone.

My point is after you've driven with a good aftermarket exhaust, you get to know where all the sweet spots are? Also for people with AT driving in auto mode will obviously hear more drone. cause of the trans selecting up a gear for fuel economy, this is why I only drive my GT in manual mode, I also know what gear is best due to driving conditions.

Now I've had the Racing Beat axle back and I ultimately didn't like it, it barely sounded more than stock? So I sold it. I've heard the Magnaflow exhaust, and I liked it, sounded good, but for a cat back that doesn't remove 2nd cat and costs as much as CS ??? People will buy this exhaust because they have to have their exhaust tips exposed, also no MF exhaust for 2.5L ??? Corksport cat back and their axle back imo give the best bang for buck, especially if driving an AT, MT drivers you all are good regardless.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 64 Posts