2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! new to the forum as of today. Lately, when I pull up to a stoplight, my car vibrates relatively violently. Now, it varies sometimes as the shake will be worse some days and on rare occasions, there is very little to no vibration at all. Normally the shaking isn't bad when I leave in the morning, but is shaking when I pull into work after my 35 minute commute. Already had the throttle body cleaned about a week ago as I was having an issue with the car shuttering as I came to a stop and the headlights going dimmer. Thinking it may be a motor mount but would the vibration vary in that case? Any Ideas?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
check the passenger motor mount under the coolant tank, if you see any cracks or rips in the rubber or fluid that looks like dried oil around it its failed and needs to be replaced, if that one needs changing so does the driver rear under the car near the firewall as the passenger one failing strains that one. passenger one failing is a very annoying and very common issue on these cars 1st and 2nd gen (thank ford and their terrible engineers) how many miles are on it? if around or over 75k you are due for a tune up and weak spark plugs could be causing some of it. the dimming headlights there is a tsb out you need to take it to the dealer and have them reflash the ecu as it controls the voltage in the electrical system and this is another known issue. may as well have them test the battery as suggested above too, cant hurt. also check the deflection on your accessory belt or have this check by a mechanic to see if the belt has slop and needs replacement this can also cause similar symptoms due to the alternator not being able to spin properly and put out enough current to keep everything running right at low engine speed but works fine at higher engine speeds (rpm) due to the fact the belt forces itself tighter and therefore allows the alternator to spin faster and put out the correct current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts