2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
612 Posts
Hi all, I just purchased my 2019 Mazda 3 hatchback a couple weeks ago pre-owned.
I have noticed excess condensation on the back windshield (inside) and am quite concerned. I have never experienced this on any of my past cars and don’t see this on any other car on the block.
Is this a common issue for this car and any idea what may cause this? Has anyone found any solutions for this?
Thank you in advance.
when using your defrost and heat, use the fresh air source, not cabin air re circulation, fresh air source pulls dry air from outside, recirc will keep re circulating the moist air from snow and stuff inside the car, thats why defrost usually defaults to pulling in fresh air. I used to live in Vermont, ive dealt with this a lot growing up.

· Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
612 Posts
I have got condensation on all the windows including the front. I thought it was better to use cabin air for defrost because the inside air is less humid. I will use fresh air when defrosting and I hope the results will be better.
Re circulating the cabin air in the winter is typically much more humid than the outside dry winter air, this is because typically in winter conditions you bring in a lot of moisture through snow and such, this moisture doesnt evap as fast as it would in the summer,.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts