2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured this would be good information to put out there. My intentions aren't completely for performance, but leaning more towards aesthetics with a small budget in mind.

I purchased a set of stock (bronze painted) Evo X GSR rims and tires on Craigslist for kicks. Since their bolt pattern and center hub dimensions are compatible with the stock sGT, I imagined the Evo X rim design would look good on the car. To spare you some Google search time, below are the specs for the Evo X and Mazda3 sGT rims:

Mitsubishi Evo X GSR
Manufacturer: Enkei
Size: 18 X 8.5"
Bolt pattern: 5 X 114.3 mm
Offset: +38 mm
Center bore: 67.1 mm
Tires: 245/40/18 Michelin Pilots
Weight (w/tires): ~ 46 lbs

Mazda3 sGT
Manufacturer: Mazda (China)
Size: 18 X 7"
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 114.3 mm
Offset: +50 mm
Center bore: 67.1 mm
Tires: 215/45/18 Dunlop SP Sport 5000
Weight: ~ 48 lbs

The rim and tire combo mated up well with the stock suspension setup without any issues. Took the car out around the block and didn't notice any rubbing or interference feedback through the steering wheel.
The wheel gap is approximately 2" in the front, and 2.5" in the back. The tires do stick out much more than OEM rim/tire in the front. So if I were planning on dropping the car quite low, I would need to roll the fenders. As for the rears, it looks fairly flush.

I plan doing a modest drop (Eibach Pro-kit) soon, but until then, I'm putting them in storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! Thanks for adding the pics. With a slight drop and rolled/pulled fenders they look like they be pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts