2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
literally bought a 2013 mz3 skyactiv a week ago im already looking to lower the car can you guys recommend me springs and struts im not looking to go to low tjis is my daily driver i just want to lower it a little bit to give it a sporty look

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Road Magnet 1.25 drop or eibach has a 1.2ish drop with koni str.t shocks. You can get by with oem shocks for a little while if you're only going 1.2ish. Below 1.5 you need new shocks right away

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Eibach prokit or Road Magnet 1.25 with Koni str.t

It's always recommended to change shocks/struts when you lower, but you can get by with stock for a little while if you need to save money up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awsome now heres my second question eibach and rm seem to have the same drop do you guys scrapenat all the car doesnt seem terribly low with those springs

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome now heres my second question the car doesnt seem terribly low do you guys scrape at all through daily driving like speed bumps driveways etc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also, you would want to look into Corksport springs as well. The drop is 2.2 F and 1.75 R.

You can go on stock shocks for about a year or so. It all varies. If you have really crappy roads, the shocks will go faster.

As far as scraping, I have nasty speedbumps on my street. Scraped all the time on my lowered G35, but not so much on my lowered 13 Skyactiv.

Here is a pic of the drop:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are those the cs springs and you have no problem with scraping and driveways correct? that drop looks sick man

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill probably go with eibach im coming from a euro background used to own a mercedes and eibach is farmiliar to me...so in the end you all would agree eibach drop is good enough where i will no thave to worry about scrapes speed bumps or driveways?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
ill probably go with eibach im coming from a euro background used to own a mercedes and eibach is farmiliar to me...so in the end you all would agree eibach drop is good enough where i will no thave to worry about scrapes speed bumps or driveways?
Yeah the 1.2 you'll be ok

·
Registered
65 Posts
are those the cs springs and you have no problem with scraping and driveways correct? that drop looks sick man
Yep, those are the CS springs.

Some of us are weary of corksport products. Eibach and road magnet have a well established good rep on the forum

Do tell. I have dealt with them and they have been pretty good thus far.

I presume there are different sets of Eibach springs as one of the lines made available for the Skyactiv was a 2.2 drop in front and 2.0 drop in the rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, those are the CS springs.

Do tell. I have dealt with them and they have been pretty good thus far.

I presume there are different sets of Eibach springs as one of the lines made available for the Skyactiv was a 2.2 drop in front and 2.0 drop in the rear.
Your avatar is BOSS!! Also, sick drop...I've got the same idea.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I'm not going to get into it but I find their products are over priced and sub par. I also don't like how they dealt with me. And there are several lines of eibachs

Entitled to your opinion. Not everyone is perfect. I can say that if for some reason the corksport springs aren't right they will make it right for you. Corksport customer service is excellent. Road magnet also has good customer service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah have my eye on a few corksport products im just waiting to break this car in i have only 300 miles on it! but i will be getting the springs and struts from tire rack they are amazing ordered from them many times no problem how would you guys say driving in the snow with a 1.2 drop is do you guys have any problems?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Casey enough with your talk about CS! Road Magnet and Corksport are the two I'd go for. RM has been doing it longer and I'd trust them more and they have the best ride quality as well. They are as well a forum favorite.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your avatar is BOSS!! Also, sick drop...I've got the same idea.
Thanks! LOL

I just ordered a set of Enkei RPF1's as well. Looking forward to how my 3 will turn out.

As far as snow, not sure yet, but I did drive a G35 lowered through the snow, so its nothing I am not used to.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I scrape the little plastic flaps in front on my wheels when I enter my garage too fast. I'm stock height. But I really like the 1.25 drop.

How much stiffer are they?
Any one know spring rates for stock and aftermarket.
I'm not sure on numbers, but you can feel the difference. It's not a whole lot stiffer, but noticeable

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts