2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Like I wrote on another thread, i'm getting ready to do a tmic upgrade with the hpfp internals and jbr rmm 70 .duro. I 've been considering cs and cp-e tmic but also would like to hear impressions from any member who has installed the ets. From what I have been reading on other forums it is the most efficient. But what I don't like is the 1 year warranty period for a product which is higher in cost over competitors.
So if anybody of you have had experience with this, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Eliezer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't see why warranty would matter with an intercooler. They don't go back or wear out.

ETS has a good reputation, I've had ETS exhausts and intercoolers on my Evo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Top mount intercooler

I have not changed this yet, but in doing some research on this i do know that the Corksport is a little thinner than some others but the stock cover fits back over it. Other than that its mainly about the tank design on inlet and outlets.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ets is the way to go. comes with its on shield that wraps around it. quality i top notch. fitment is perfect. can handle all the hp you will prob ever need.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ets is the way to go. comes with its on shield that wraps around it. quality i top notch. fitment is perfect. can handle all the hp you will prob ever need.
Thanks guy for your input. I pulled the plug on the order. Waiting on my autotech hpfp internals, ets tmic and corksport 70/80 duro rmm. What you think?
You guys that have installed ets, did you notice power gains across the entire power band immediately when running the car, like ets states on there website?(without tune)
I know if you tune, you will get the most but for me 20hp/20 tq is good enough!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
@eliwwjd I see you don't have a downpipe or racepipe. The mazdaspeed is restricted at the downpipe and secondary cat, not the resonator or exhaust system. Your holding your hp and torque gains back by not at least having a racepipe. The racepipe will work in concert with the new TMIC so that you fully utilize the lower back pressure the TMIC provides. The turbo won't have to work as hard to achieve the desired boost and therefore will create less heat which is your enemy. Corksport makes a good racepipe. It has exhaust hangers unlike most of the other racepipes. I saw a 11 hp gain just by installing a CS racepipe. Recepipe = easy hp gain.

Reactions: Finchee and RedTape

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@eliwwjd I see you don't have a downpipe or racepipe. The mazdaspeed is restricted at the downpipe and secondary cat, not the resonator or exhaust system. Your holding your hp and torque gains back by not at least having a racepipe. The racepipe will work in concert with the new TMIC so that you fully utilize the lower back pressure the TMIC provides. The turbo won't have to work as hard to achieve the desired boost and therefore will create less heat which is your enemy. Corksport makes a good racepipe. It has exhaust hangers unlike most of the other racepipes. I saw a 11 hp gain just by installing a CS racepipe. Recepipe = easy hp gain.
Thanks guy. Let me ask you, does the racepipe replace cats?
Do I gain just 11 hp or do I also gain torque. I like more torque than hp because we normally drive or race short distances.
Let me know and thanks!

Reactions: warlord

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Racepipe replaces the second cat. Yes, hp and tq are increased with a racepipe. I believe I saw a 15lb torque increase with the racepipe. A racepipe also gives the exhaust a deeper tone too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
+1 on the Corksport race pipe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys thanks for all the help. Waiting for the arrival of hpfp internals, ets tmic and corksport race rmm. With this combo the car should feel way diferrent.
My only worry is hpfp internals, I think they are delicate and complicated. Hopefully mine goes well. The mazda mechanic is going to do them. I'll take pictures of the ets when installed.

Reactions: mazdaspeedmyk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Internals

I put mine in 2 weeks ago not bad at all. Allot of good You tube videos. You are able to do it without removing much else around it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts