2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Thanks to those who helped me in my decision. I'm posting the pictures of the items I got in the mail. For those have brought the internals, are the box in the pictures the same you guys received? Why does it mention about beware of camshaft wear and follower? my car is new, 2013!new engine! what's up with this?
Another thing I noticed and you guys tell me if this is normal, the internals kind of showed some minor scratches on the surface, is this normal? see pictures posted.
On the ets box, did you guys received it packed the same way like the picture?

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00552.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

DSC00556.JPG

Reactions: RedTape

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Congrats on the parts. Sad the TMIC and HPFP aren't ours... :(

Anyway, The Autotech warning is for Volkswagens, because they are designed for Volkswagens. Not sure if it's normal on the scratches. I know ours shouldn't ever come scratched, so I'm not sure why the Autotech ones would.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the parts. Sad the TMIC and HPFP aren't ours... :(

Anyway, The Autotech warning is for Volkswagens, because they are designed for Volkswagens. Not sure if it's normal on the scratches. I know ours shouldn't ever come scratched, so I'm not sure why the Autotech ones would.
Hi Spencer!

Thanks for the info, just want to try parts from all mazda sponsors. When installing downpipe, corksport is going to be my choice! Take care my friend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would like to do the tmic next myself. Might go with the Corksport (Thats for spencer). Are you going to be doing the internals yourself?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Autotech's have a black DLC coating on the piston. The piston shouldn't have any scratches on it. It doesn't matter if the outside of the collar (Part with Autotech engraved on it ) has scratches as it sits stationary in the fuel pump. What matter's is that the inside of the collar and the piston don't have scratches. In your pic everything looks good to me from what I can see.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you, for your opinions.
Bluespeed my mazda technician friend is going to do the jnternals. He has taken apart many fuel pumps from many models.
Redtape, my friend I'll post videos on youtube channel. Don't be jealous! Go and purchase yourself some car goodies, oh by the way did you ask your wife for permission? Hahaha just joking, dont be mad at me!
Warlord
Thanks for your input! so you think the internals are good condition? I wrote nick from edgeautosports and told him I was going to send him the pictures for inspection. Hopefully they didn't send me used internals! Once again hopefully!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autotech's have a black DLC coating on the piston. The piston shouldn't have any scratches on it. It doesn't matter if the outside of the collar (Part with Autotech engraved on it ) has scratches as it sits stationary in the fuel pump. What matter's is that the inside of the collar and the piston don't have scratches. In your pic everything looks good to me from what I can see.
Does the autotech internals have to be installed on a enclosed area or can they be installed on open area. Reason why im asking is because of air contaminants or air debris. I don't have a garage enclosed facility. Here in P.R. jouses are builted differently than the states. I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the autotech internals have to be installed on a enclosed area or can they be installed on open area. Reason why im asking is because of air contaminants or air debris. I don't have a garage enclosed facility. Here in P.R. jouses are builted differently than the states. I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I did mine in a garage with the door open, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys this what I bought from pepboys to clean internals and protect pump housing while been worked.

DSC00557.JPG

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys writing to let you know how things went. Today was my first actual day of riding car after internals, ets tmic and corksport rmm upgrade. Car feels more solid to the road, no vibes at all! You definately feel the power with this tmic. At first it felt great but I said let me shot off the torque steer control and wowww tires were spinning almost to 3rd gear. Me and my family took a 2 hour ride and I was monitoring car performance the entire trip just to play it safe. Bats were low as 42 and would go up to 53 when stopping. 80 with oem tmic. Fuel pressure peaked at first wot around 2300 psi, average around 1900's. By the way, i primed fuel pump 3 times before turning on engine and let it idle for 10 min.At first babied it but then gave it wot.Car definately feels great!
Thanks to all of you who shared your inputs. Tomorrow I'll post pictures.

Reactions: pdc001

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys writing to let you know how things went. Today was my first actual day of riding car after internals, ets tmic and corksport rmm upgrade. Car feels more solid to the road, no vibes at all! You definately feel the power with this tmic. At first it felt great but I said let me shot off the torque steer control and wowww tires were spinning almost to 3rd gear. Me and my family took a 2 hour ride and I was monitoring car performance the entire trip just to play it safe. Bats were low as 42 and would go up to 53 when stopping. 80 with oem tmic. Fuel pressure peaked at first wot around 2300 psi, average around 1900's. By the way, i primed fuel pump 3 times before turning on engine and let it idle for 10 min.At first babied it but then gave it wot.Car definately feels great!
Thanks to all of you who shared your inputs. Tomorrow I'll post pictures.
Tienes AP? @eliwwjd

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Estoy usando la aplicacion de torque pro con el adapter obdlinlk-lx y el plugin de mazdaspeed 3 2010-2012 por ahora. En verdad que funciona de maravillas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts