2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed replacement LED turn signals in my daughter's 2014 iGT this weekend and my first impression is WOW! These new LED Bulbs are at least twice as bright as the stock bulbs. I went with amber in the front and red in the rear. I did not take any pictures but take my word for it they are noticeably brighter. I purchased these through iJDMTOY (link to bulbs is below). The wiring connection between the resistor and the bulb uses a non-locking connector and small wires (could be beefed up). The LED's do not lock into the bulb housing but use a rubber grommet that you have to twist into place. It seems to hold well and my only concern with them is the front housings that are exposed to moisture. Time will tell if they hold up.

Link to bulbs: No Hyper Flash 7440 LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs, Plug-N-Play Style

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm using the same kit on my car, been a few months now and so far so good. Yeah, the wires are a bit flimsy. I used double sided tape to mount the box and one time one of the box got unstuck and fell and it unplugged the bulb at the connector.

I'm using amber front and back and sometimes I feel they're too bright at night, especially for the rear lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
these guys arent that far from me and I've bought a couple LED's from them. Nice dudes.

I just wish I could find really bright foglight bulbs. I bought their yellow halogen bulbs and they barely make a difference...ugh.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have red in the rear also and love the look. I didn't get error free so I had to install load resistors. I didn't want to install in the front cuz I didn't want to install load resistors.... Kinda tight in that area. Will have to look into these for my fronts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I installed two resistors on each side of the 14 3 hatch on the rear and used thermal adhesive to attach them to the chassis. Then I replaced the front and back turn signal using $60 LED bulbs from Vleds they are super bright. This way it ensures the weather seal on the connectors to the housing especially on the front because they do get wet a lot and will rust if not sealed properly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
How did you know which to get? I'd like to replace most of my lights with LED's but having a hard time navigating their website. Went ahead and ordered the ones that worked for you for turn signals, but wondering about brake/reverse lights.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Oh snap! Might have to get these down the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
There is like 12 pics on eBay. Would love to see a video of them!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I am debating if I like that look or the lights around the fog light trim.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Reactions: AdrianQ00

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I really can't say I hate it. If it's 60 bucks I'd consider a purchase all the way up to around 90. I'd like to get something brighter for the rear though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is what those look like on the car. They sell them for $60 in China.

ijdm toy sells it for 160$ i cant find it cheaper anywhere else

·
Registered
37 Posts
For those that are wondering, I asked JDMToy what color temp the DRL is, they said it's around 6500K, which will have a slight hint of blue.

I like the turn signal but 6500K might be a little too blue for my taste, which could look cheap and somewhat ricey :(

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Agreed. 5000k would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts