2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? the cost to just get the stuff I need to install a kenwood unit with the factory bose and have the lcd and steering wheel controls still work is becoming nauseating so I am looking at alternatives and Eonon makes 2 radios that fit our cars 100% plug and play my question is are they any good? I mainly want a usb port I don't need the gps or touch screen, or apps and stuff as i am driving not laying games in my car, though it would be nice. so is the Eonon GA5163F any good, especially if it really is only $70 as their website proclaims here: Eonon GA5163F | Mazda 3 Navigation | Mazda Android Car DVD | Android Car DVD for Mazda

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've thought about it too, but after following posts on mazda3forums about it, it seems terrible. Many people have had issues with the screen brightness and it seems to be a downgrade from the stock HU for audio quality.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've thought about it too, but after following posts on mazda3forums about it, it seems terrible. Many people have had issues with the screen brightness and it seems to be a downgrade from the stock HU for audio quality.
yeah I actually read the forum posts in the link before your comment, before that guy even posted them, just a cursory search of that model + mazda on google gets you there, and yeah some liked them others said they where horrid quality so I was unsure and wanted to see what members on a forum I know think or know about them

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah digging further into that thread, no the enon units look like cheaply made Chinese junk that just barely functions, so im gonna pass, they also seem to have issues with screen getting blue tints and dimness overall. Hell I think im going to pass on changing the headunit at all, the equipment needed to do this right just costs more then having a different headunit is worth to me, I may see if a local audio installer can make the jbl 4 channel amp I have run the bose speakers and sub, as this maybe cheaper then replacing the headunit and that's sad. I mainly wanted a usb port (the 10-11s don't have one, just aux) but $150 plus 2 or so hours to put everything in is not worth it to me just for that. if I can get that jbl amp to run the bose stuff that may help sound quality, though I may do a stealth sub install if I go that route as I think that jbl amp would obliterate the bose sub. considering the whole 10 speaker bose system is 265w rms and the jbl amp is 400w rms at 2 ohms. but I gotta say for under 300w of system power the bose system is pretty good. not Mercedes or BMW good but definitely better then most stock systems. hell it was one of popular mechanics favorite premium audio systems for 2011 it was in their top 10, im not sure what the rankings where as they showed 10 but nothing about rankings or if they where ordered as such. hell the 2011 outlander can get a 710 watt Rockford fosgate premium audio package with a 10" sub built into the cargo area and its own amp separate from the one for the door speakers. (it was listed as well, that's how I know, im not a huge Mitsubishi fan, actually hate em) I think im either just gonna wait til my next car to upgrade again, or just wait until I need a new car and get a new car I can option with the premium audio package if I so choose (bought this one used, but switched industries when I switched jobs, so my next car will either be new or cpo as my earning potential has skyrocketed)

article link (if you choose to read): Top Cars for Audiophiles - Best In-Car Sound Systems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts