2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,263 Posts
FYI.. the tuning process is fun... WOT logs in 3rd gear with a max speed of 115 mph or so on surface streets..or wherever you find a stretch of flat straight road..

I only almost died twice.. piece of cake..
CK

Reactions: JoeMini

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
290 Posts
It is exactly as arathol has explained it !

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
290 Posts
Haha totally agree...I cannot do that in 3rd in the city ...all WOT were done in 2nd ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, as I bought a Skyactive X - 180hp, i'm wondering whats the max we can get from our new enginge.
(I work as a Graphics-Designer and I'm not a car mechanic - or a programmer.)

I was wondering, if there's any potential in "software-tuning" the car?
I know the 180hp AWD is supercharged, so if you change the value of the charger, do you get a better performance?
Has anybody experience with this kind of "tuning"?

What are you guys puting into your engine to get the most out of it?

Thanks!
Just got a Skyactive-X and feeling a little underwhelmed, so I was looking around to see if there are tuning options too. Didn't find much, except for this one: w w w .tuning-powerbox.nl/chiptuning/mazda/mazda_3_2019_-/2.0_skyactiv-x_180_pk/ (not allowed to post links yet).
Claims to go from 180 to 198 hp and torque from 224 to 249 Nm for € 268,00. Not too sure about these boxes though...

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Just got a Skyactive-X and feeling a little underwhelmed, so I was looking around to see if there are tuning options too. Didn't find much, except for this one: w w w .tuning-powerbox.nl/chiptuning/mazda/mazda_3_2019_-/2.0_skyactiv-x_180_pk/ (not allowed to post links yet).
Claims to go from 180 to 198 hp and torque from 224 to 249 Nm for € 268,00. Not too sure about these boxes though...
The first vendor with Skyactiv X tunning?

Mazda3 2019 ->Powerbox tuning Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactiv-G 122 pk122 Pk140 Pk
Mazda3 2019 ->Powerbox tuning Mazda 2.0 Skyactiv-X 180 pk180 Pk198 Pk

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first vendor with Skyactiv X tunning?

Mazda3 2019 ->Powerbox tuning Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactiv-G 122 pk122 Pk140 Pk

Mazda3 2019 ->Powerbox tuning Mazda 2.0 Skyactiv-X 180 pk180 Pk198 Pk
Yes, that was the tuner I posted. Now who is going to try it out? ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, anyone ? ??
I'm tempted to try it. I know someone who has a similar box (not for mazda though) and it seems like a very straightforward, and easiliy revertible task. Apparently a matter of minutes depending on how easily accessible the connectors are.

My main gripe is my lease company which does not permit the use of these tuning boxes and if the car does break down due to this, I'm in a world of trouble.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't mess around with the Skyactiv-X engine yet. There's a lot going on under the hood and it's a new technology. Maybe with some time, tuning maybe an option, but hard to say.

Also, my 2.5L N/A engine is OV Tuned. Rev and speed limiters increased. Throttle response has been remapped and my camshaft timing has been adjusted. Changed the whole driving dynamic of this car.
CK
could you send a link for the tune, or how to go about getting it tuned? I would love my car to be Not slow lol.

I see it’s not available anymore lol. This is what I get for reading this at 5am when I first wake up lol.
But any info on how to get my car tuned would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,263 Posts
[email protected]

They may still tune you. They provide Mazda tunes on a case-by-case basis. Be patient for a response, as they are very busy. May take a couple weeks.
CK

·
Registered
7 Posts
We're recently having some issues with our ticketing system e-mail ([email protected]com) wherein the emails we send are marked as a virus/dangerous. We don't know yet what's causing this. But just in case you sent me a message and it's been a while since I replied, it might have been automatically flagged as spam or deleted by your email client.

Thanks. And yes, please be patient with Rafael. 😅 🙏

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
We're recently having some issues with our ticketing system e-mail ([email protected]) wherein the emails we send are marked as a virus/dangerous. We don't know yet what's causing this. But just in case you sent me a message and it's been a while since I replied, it might have been automatically flagged as spam or deleted by your email client.

Thanks. And yes, please be patient with Rafael.
Thanks, good Jedi!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,263 Posts
Thanks! Keep up the good work OV1.

I absolutely love what you did with my ride.(y)
CK

Reactions: OV1
21 - 40 of 40 Posts