2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
elliherrera
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m needing some critical feedback as to what I may need to look for when diagnosing my cars vibration issue. I have an ‘11 Mazda 3, and I had bought the passenger and trans mounts new because they were literally split in half lol so I got those out of the way (65ft-lb for frame bolts/45ft-lb on the upper bolts for the passenger mount. 100ft-lb on the trans mount) The next thing I did was pick up a decent good condition torque strut mount and rear engine mount from the pick n pull and installed them to 30ft-lb on the torque strut mount bolts the first time (and a second time for adjustments) and 70ft-lb on the rear mount bolts. The vibration did go away for about three days and now it’s back but it feels like it’s coming from the trans mount but after inspecting it it’s still intact and no rips or signs of it being broken. My guess is maybe it could be the the torque strut mount? I noticed the that the 3 holes got stripped but still tightens down but not to specs after the third time trying to configure it. So since it’s right underneath to the left of the transmission mount, that is what I am assuming for now. **keep in mind that axles, tires, sparks, and air filter are in check so, any help would be suffice!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts