2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

UK owner. I have a 2014 Mazda 3 2.2L Diesel SkyActiv-D.

Got it in the summer with around 45K Miles on the clock and the engine sounded so quite and smooth.

Now it has just gone over 50,000 Miles and the engine is sounds a lot more rattly and noisy than it has before. To be honest sounds like a typical old diesel.

I don't know if this is due to the weather being much colder now its winter ( around 4-8 degrees c currently), or if there is an issue brewing.

The old rattly diesel sound does not go away once the engine has warmed up ( I travel 40 minutes to work each morning and 40 minutes back again).

There are no noticeable performance or economy drops. There has been no check engine lights and the Oil and other fluids are perfect.

Service was done 6 months ago.

Am I being paranoid here?

I have read that Fuel Injectors being a little clogged can cause a noisy diesel, so I have purchased some Redex and I will be adding that to my next full Tank.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Arathol,

It sounds like an internal engine knocking rattling sound to be honest rather than something catching from the outside.

I have stuck my head under the bonnet and checked under the car and nothing seems to be catching.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts