2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a mazda3 1.6L TS2 and the engine management light suddenly came on soon after turning the engine on in the morning. I switched it off and then turned it to pre-ignition and it shows the oil and engine management light on at the second time. What does this mean? Low oil level? Low oil pressure? Something else?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hello all! I have a mazda3 1.6L TS2 and the engine management light suddenly came on soon after turning the engine on in the morning. I switched it off and then turned it to pre-ignition and it shows the oil and engine management light on at the second time. What does this mean? Low oil level? Low oil pressure? Something else?
Which light came on? Your owners manual will clearly explain which light is which and what each one does. Once you figure out what light is on, then you move on to determine what to do about it.
If you turn the power on without starting the engine, yes, the warning lights will come on. It means nothing. What lights are on with the engine running?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the check engine light that's come on while the engine is running. The oil light and check engine light never came on with pre-ignition before

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
The check engine light means that something is wrong. Could be any one or more of a whole list of things, some simple, some not. You need to hook up a scan tool and get whatever diagnostic codes have been generated, then look up what they mean. Other than that there is no real way to say just why the light is on.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
all the dash warning lights are supposed to come on preigintion to allow you to check they function an oil light on without the engine running is meaningless. if it comes on with the engine running it could be low oil or oil pressure due to a failed pump or clogged oil passage. the reason you most likely never noticed the lights during pre iginiton is probably because yous imply get in and turn the key and start it without ever watching the gauges and lights until now. have the check engine light read (if that is what it is) if it is a maintenance minder light it may indicate your mileage/time is up for some service according to what the cars computer thinks. is it a symbol of an engine or say check engine or service engine soon? or is it a wrench or maintenance needed light? if the prior one you have some sort of issue most likely in emissions systems as most codes are emissions related, without codes we cannot be of much assistance. easy thing you can do is open the gas door and make sure the gas cap is tight as some times people leave them off or loose and this will throw a code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts