2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm relayed of bad lucks recently. :(

An extension of the fender liner popped down on the road and the part circled in red got torn off. It was definitely a bad idea to drive without the screws on.

The damage wasn't much large that I was able to put all screws back on, but it left a hole (~4in diameter) that seems to be potent to many problems -- water, small animals, air pressure.

I searched on onlinemazdaparts.com and it seems like I have to pull out the entire fender to replace this. Instead of going to that route, I'm thinking about screwing on a small patch of durable plastic. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Wait a sec harry I thought you had this part locked? I thought it was the 4 screws in the middle that you didnt put on?

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait a sec harry I thought you had this part locked? I thought it was the 4 screws in the middle that you didnt put on?
I had none of the screws at the bottom. I was going home I heard a popping sound followed by a long scrapping. :shocked:

I think I could put a small piece of plastic from home depot since it doesn't seem to be typo important.

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Just call me Rabbit
480 Posts
I have two fender linings im waiting to install. Just need to find the right plastic rivets and a way to fix the bumper clips...

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Umm Harry is this some post to attack me for not doing this on the spot at the meet and telling you it will be fine lol

Jerk
Jk

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No more cat? :sad 1:. I love cats.... how sad :crybaby 1:

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Umm Harry is this some post to attack me for not doing this on the spot at the meet and telling you it will be fine lol
Ummmm... no. Haven't thought about doing that. Is that a suggestion? :tongue:

A joke aside, I drove around without fixing it up just to see if it really needs repair, and I found out that it whistles at around 20-30mph because of the way the hole looks like (think about a flute). I just wanna know if the tape I mentioned can be used on a painted surface without damaging the clear coat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.