2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 with almost 280000 kms on it. Ever since I bought the car 3 years ago, something in the engine bay rattles whenever the car needs to shift down. If I don’t give the car any more gas it will stay that way and rattle until I give the car more gas and allow the car to shift down.
The rattling sounds almost exactly like a kids toy rattle would sound and come from somewhere towards the right/front side of the car.

Any ideas?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
I have a 2010 Mazda 3 with almost 280000 kms on it. Ever since I bought the car 3 years ago, something in the engine bay rattles whenever the car needs to shift down. If I don’t give the car any more gas it will stay that way and rattle until I give the car more gas and allow the car to shift down.
The rattling sounds almost exactly like a kids toy rattle would sound and come from somewhere towards the right/front side of the car.

Any ideas?
1) Engine Mounts

or

2) suspension

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same issue after they replaced the dash for the recall. It is worse since I have a stronger RMM and PMM installed. I will go back to stock mounts tonight and will update if the noise is still there. I plan on having them replace the serpantine and a/c belts this weekend so I can see if a pulley needs to be replaced while they are at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts