2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i register to this forum to seek advice since i cant find a solution for the problem that has over 1 year.
Problem/Symptoms: Car Start to lose power After hours of driving and going uphill, if i slam the gas pedal there is no response, if i barely press it, it gets going. No check Engine lights
The Car Doesnt Shut Off (Never have happened that), the car in idle do not bounce the revs (smooth idle), the car does not sputter, the car does not shake.
Sometimes while driving for 3-4 cycles going uphill check engine light comes on (system too lean off idle )

Parts Replace: Fuel Pump Twice (NOT THE WHOLE UNIT), fuel filter inside the pump x2, fuel filter outside the pump x4, cleaned injectors, replaced spark plugs with OEM, wiring problem with ignition coils fixed, the air filter is new, the maf sensor is clean, the throttle plate is clean also, the cat is not clogged (i have seen it), The transmission shift normal when the problems appears, and the trans is in good shape.

i live in venezuela, hot weather, we use 15w40 oil semi synthetic and replaced every 3k miles, lot of traffic and idle periods the numbers on the odomoter dont show the usage of the car.

Mazda 3 2.0 Liters AT 2007 118.000 kms that about 73.000 miles

Im open to suggestions, opinions, and would like to thanks any advice.

My theory> i have still a theory in my mind, there is a third filter inside the fuel pump assembly that i have not changed because i would have to buy the whole unit and may be clogged forcing the pump to overheat...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Reply,

I dont think so, the fuel tank was removed and cleaned 1 months ago, and the problem is only after hours of driving and uphill, in city driving just behaves fine :S. is crazy

·
Registered
190 Posts
my first thought was a clogged cat, but you clearly check that
Is your year drive by wire or cable actuated throttle plate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my first thought was a clogged cat, but you clearly check that
Is your year drive by wire or cable actuated throttle plate?
Its actuated throttle plate, im always carefull cleaning that plate since i know it can be damaged but i dont know, for example this week a lot of city driving and traffic (no going uphill no long periods of driving), check engine light went off, car behaves fine.

I cant tell if there is a lack of power, cuz i think i get used to the driving.

I am thinking of driving for long hours and uphill to replicate the problem and go directly to the mazda dealer, but not much faith in them cuz this is a third world country with third would thoughts in the way of resolving problems....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuel tank venting system OK?
Well i havent checked that but there are not codes related to fuel tank or the evap system, in fact there are no codes at the moment...

Im really regreting just changing the the fuel pump. im thinking spending some money on the whole fuel pump assembly cuz it contains the inside filter, the regulator, some electrical connections, etc..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Its actuated throttle plate, im always carefull cleaning that plate since i know it can be damaged but i dont know, for example this week a lot of city driving and traffic (no going uphill no long periods of driving), check engine light went off, car behaves fine.

I cant tell if there is a lack of power, cuz i think i get used to the driving.

I am thinking of driving for long hours and uphill to replicate the problem and go directly to the mazda dealer, but not much faith in them cuz this is a third world country with third would thoughts in the way of resolving problems....
I guess there's no way you can get it to a rolling road to test it under load?

·
Registered
90 Posts
In the far distant past I had a blocked breather on car fuel tank, I know today we have evap systems etc but when it happens nextime just pull over and open the petrol tank cap and let some air in. You will probable hear if air rushes in, or if power is restored as soon as you drive off. I don't know if the seal is on the cap or a flap further down (I'm sure somebody can help).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts