2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a TSR in the functions of my mazda, but after firmware update to EU version this function stopped working. Please, help me to enable it in ASBuilt. I have three cams on windshield but it seems FSC is Gen1 and I can't find how to enable TSR. Maybe someone have the same car cx-9 signature 2016 with working TSR and can show configs?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You can have a look at these 2016 CX-9 VINs and check the configs yourself via: Index (use IE in compability mode):
JM3TCBDY1G0105714
JM3TCBDY6G0101027
...these are imported from USA or Canada.

But I did not find any info in the 2016 brochure from Canada about TSR. Link to Brochure: https://www.mazda.ca/globalassets/cars/brochures/2016-mazda-cx-9-brochure-en.pdf

Are you 100% sure, that your 2016 CX-9 had TSR before the firmware (FW) change to EU? Which FW version have you installed now and which one was it before?

I doubt that any FSC-Gen.1 has TSR capability. I only heard of cars with FSC-Gen.2, which have TSR. But I would be happy for you, if I am wrong.

Edit:
2016 CX-9 has the FSC-Gen.1. From the 2017 CX-9 onwards the CX-9 has the FSC-Gen.2 built in and then TSR definitively could work (from factory or retrofitted/via AS-Built change in Module(s)).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can have a look at these 2016 CX-9 VINs and check the configs yourself via: Index (use IE in compability mode):
JM3TCBDY1G0105714
JM3TCBDY6G0101027
...these are imported from USA or Canada.

But I did not find any info in the 2016 brochure from Canada about TSR. Link to Brochure: https://www.mazda.ca/globalassets/cars/brochures/2016-mazda-cx-9-brochure-en.pdf

Are you 100% sure, that your 2016 CX-9 had TSR before the firmware (FW) change to EU? Which FW version have you installed now and which one was it before?

I doubt that any FSC-Gen.1 has TSR capability. I only heard of cars with FSC-Gen.2, which have TSR. But I would be happy for you, if I am wrong.

Edit:
2016 CX-9 has the FSC-Gen.1. From the 2017 CX-9 onwards the CX-9 has the FSC-Gen.2 built in and then TSR definitively could work (from factory or retrofitted/via AS-Built change in Module(s)).
Thank you. It seems I am wrong. I saw some reviews of cx-9 with TSR enabled but maybe it was 2017 cx-9.
Maybe I can buy and install FSC Gen2 in my car? I need only FSC or somithing else to change?
What the part number of FSC Gen2 for cx-9?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sizes of the FSCs are different and also the clips in which you have to clip the camera in (they are attached to the windscreen) and the black hole in the windscreen is slightly at another position. And you have to change the wiring. Connectors are not the same. I would not recommend to do that. And you would loose TPMS functionality. I know that, because I thought about changing my FSC-Gen.1 against a FSC-Gen.2 in my CX-5. Part number you can check yourself at ilcats.ru or japancats.ru I guess. And as the FSC is responsible for security related features like SBS/MRCC/SCBS I would not mess around with the exchange (and a possible not perfect fit/location of the FSC), if I were you. Just my opinion. If it would be an official retrofit of something which is intended from factory, it would be ok, but the change of a FSC-Gen.1 against Gen.2 is not. Are you still interested in the exchange of the FSC-Gen.1 against a FSC-Gen.2?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for long time answer. I understand that camera is not the same and has defference I want to find new fsc with clips and connector and I think type of conntection is the same but I must have right pins. But I don'nt know how to activate it in Forscan.
I found that fsc B61L-67-xcx was installed in cx-9 from 2017 to 2019 and version of my IC is installed in the same time. I understand that I have a Lidar and old version of radar for MRCC. But maybe I can off function of MRCC in FSC ASbuilt and activate all other functions?
May be someone did this, I think not only me whant to upgrade system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts