2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2010 hatch with eletronic control throttle body im new at the whole eletronic thing is there anything i can do to make the delay go way, when i step on the gas theres a slight delay before the rpms go up?? help??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Folks have reported slightly faster throttle response by grounding the throttle body as well as using various after-market air filters/intakes.
To truly get rid of the delta between commanded throttle and throttle response though, you probably need to modify the ECU programming. There are not many options at the moment.
You could also convert to cable-driven throttle. The Aussies used to still have that.
I think the delay is eliminated (or greatly reduced) at speeds over 60mph.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
If anyone has stock intake, can you try this?

[ censored ]

Just a bit,

If not, if dynotronics tune is abit out of reach, sri and cai should help with throttle response a bit, as they naturally removed some of the delay associated with intake routing, and reduced pressure drop with more breathable filter material.

@orangev, i dunt think turbo cars falls into this category.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If anyone has stock intake, can you try this?

Use a fair size zap strap on the flexible tubing btwn maf and TB, shrink its diameter abit, drive around for a day
I highly doubt, anyone will even try this. Things like this should be filtered, so they don't end up in posts. Sorry Jm, just some times ideas like this would scare people from ever joining the forum if they read it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol already have a k&n air filter but in stock air box to get a tune for it most likely be a drive for me or cost me a lot im in ohio plus i have a lil girl on the way and i just convinced my wife into letting me get an exhaust finally.... but for now and money wise i guess ill try grounding the TB thanks for all your input

ps a zip tie on the intake:shocked: never in my mind would i do that

·
Registered
508 Posts
Did you let the ECU recalibrate after installing the intake?

Other than that, I know Mercedes have a 'Sprint booster' that helps reduce lag from throttle by wire systems. Besides Dynotronics, not sure anyone else makes anything for non turbo mazda's.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the stock air box on it only thing i changed was the panel filter to a K&N one..... and you mean reset the ecu?

·
zoom~
848 Posts
I highly doubt, anyone will even try this. Things like this should be filtered, so they don't end up in posts. Sorry Jm, just some times ideas like this would scare people from ever joining the forum if they read it.
No probs, thx for heads up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts