2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'10 Mazda 3 S Sport 6 spd
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Multi Info Display (MID) stopped showing radio stations today and wouldn't switch to Satellite radio. The radio selections worked, the CD player worked but Satellite radio would not turn on and the radio station chanells were missing. For example I have preset one set to 89.5 and the 89.5 dissapeared. This is the second time this has happened. Today and on the other occasion it worked fine after turning the ignition off then to on.

This week, I also had the traction contral light stay on for ten minutes. After cyling the ignition off then on it turned off. Traction control still works (it cut power when traction is lost.

Anyone have similar problems and more importantly solutions or explanation to why this happens.

I drive a 2010 Mazda S Sport 6 manual with around 3,500 miles on it.

Thanks,

Matthew

·
Registered
180 Posts
My outside temperature thermometer never really worked, it always stuck at one temperature. The other day though when I installed my Corksport SRI, I had to unplug my battery, the electronics reset themselves, and the thermometer now works properly. You might try disconnecting the battery briefly to let the electronics reset themselves and see if that fixes it, could save you a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
My MID works fine but it developed spots on the front. Service guy said its the first time he's seen that. The glass is delaminating from the led display. The dash being jet black surely doesnt help. I've got an appointment on Nov 3rd to have it replaced.

Attachments

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I may try the battery disconnect if it happens again.

Definitely don't want to see glitches on a new car. That's why I bought a Mazda one of the few cars with a J vin code and made in Japan.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This week, I also had the traction contral light stay on for ten minutes. After cyling the ignition off then on it turned off. Traction control still works (it cut power when traction is lost.
I had this happen once before with my 2010, turning the ignition off and on fixed it as well. Only happened once, but I have since traded the car in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My MID stop working period. Even when I first turned on my car, the Mazda Logo didn't appear. Dealer looked at it and found my connection to the display was loose. They reseated the connector and all is fine(happened about month and a half ago)

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but am documenting that it's happening during the 12 month 12 k warranty. Though I believe it's covered for the 3-year/36,000-mile*"Bumper-to-Bumper" Limited Warranty,

·
Registered
750 Posts
My outside temperature thermometer never really worked, it always stuck at one temperature. The other day though when I installed my Corksport SRI, I had to unplug my battery, the electronics reset themselves, and the thermometer now works properly. You might try disconnecting the battery briefly to let the electronics reset themselves and see if that fixes it, could save you a trip to the dealer.
Did your display actually stay fixed on one temp or was it just reeaaallllly slow in changing? Mine seems to stick on what ever the previous temp was before turning the car off and then takes 30+ mintes to reach the correct temp.

I wonder if the 'ole disconnect will work for me too. I really don't want to re-pair my bluetooth, program the home link, and load all my radio pre-sets again though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts