2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the eibach pro kit lowering springs 5557.140.
I see snow quite often and I was wondering if it was ever an issue or damaged your suspension?

Looking for some reviews and feedback thanks!

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@Stewie

I run Eibachs, KONI FSDs, and have the aerokit. To top it all off, I live in New England and West of the 495 belt line, so when it snows, it snows. We easily get a foot of snow during Nor-easters (just got 18 inches a couple days ago).

Aero kit is still attached to car, no slumping or hanging and the rest of the car remains in mint condition.

Reactions: Stewie

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Stewie

I run Eibachs, KONI FSDs, and have the aerokit. To top it all off, I live in New England and West of the 495 belt line, so when it snows, it snows. We easily get a foot of snow during Nor-easters (just got 18 inches a couple days ago).

Aero kit is still attached to car, no slumping or hanging and the rest of the car remains in mint condition.
How much clearance did you have from the lowest hanging part to the ground?

I measured and I've got 5" left which is why I'm debating whether to get them or not, I get around 1 or 2 feet of snow

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@Stewie

How much clearance did you have from the lowest hanging part to the ground?

I measured and I've got 5" left which is why I'm debating whether to get them or not, I get around 1 or 2 feet of snow
That's weird you have 5 inches of clearance only. I'm lowered and with the aerokit, I've got 4.75in of clearance from the bottom of the front lip of the aerokit

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's weird you have 5 inches of clearance only. I'm lowered and with the aerokit, I've got 4.75in of clearance from the bottom of the front lip of the aerokit
I've got a custom exhaust that runs down the middle, I guess I'm not lowering it :crying2:

Off topic: how much did you pay for the kit? Which kit did you get?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
The one you're looking at for $269. If you know how to do the labor, might be worth it for $269 just to see what your experience is. If it just ends up being too much of a hassle, you can always revert back. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you can always look at the Racing Beat springs, those are about half the drop the Eibachs and work with the stock shocks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The one you're looking at for $269. If you know how to do the labor, might be worth it for $269 just to see what your experience is. If it just ends up being too much of a hassle, you can always revert back. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you can always look at the Racing Beat springs, those are about half the drop the Eibachs and work with the stock shocks
I guess I should've specified, I meant the aero kit LOL

Though I'm definitely considering the RB springs.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I guess I should've specified, I meant the aero kit LOL

Though I'm definitely considering the RB springs.
Oh. I gotcha. Yeah, I got the stock OEM kit. I think I got like 20% off of MSRP for it, but I forget now

·
Registered
74 Posts
I added a front lib on my car, I would like to also drop my car, but I also live in MA and when it snows, I have to be at work. I am driving in the worst of all the storms. So for now I am not going to lower car. Maybe when I become a "snowbird" (not many years away) and spending my winters in FL I won't have to worry about the ride height as much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I added a front lip on my car, I would like to also drop my car, but I also live in MA and when it snows, I have to be at work. I am driving in the worst of all the storms. So for now I am not going to lower car. Maybe when I become a "snowbird" (not many years away) and spending my winters in FL I won't have to worry about the ride height as much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts