2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I placed an order for the Eibach pro-kit lowering springs but then recieved this email from the shop saying that they don't fit my vehicle. Just wondering if anyone else has the eibach's on an 18 gt hatch or could provide some extra information regarding this.

Thank you
Organism Mammal Font Darkness Terrestrial plant

· Super Moderator
7,832 Posts
Who did you order from? Ask them why....I bet they can't tell you. All they are doing is reading copy from a computer screen, they have zero experience in what actually works....
Those should fit. There are no substantial differences in suspension design for any of the Gen 3 cars....

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who did you order from? Ask them why....I bet they can't tell you. All they are doing is reading copy from a computer screen, they have zero experience in what actually works....
Those should fit. There are no substantial differences in suspension design for any of the Gen 3 cars....

I knew something was off because all the other sources I checked (forum posts/ mfctr websites) said that they would fit. Thought I might have missed something. Thank you for your help tho, I appreciate it.

· Super Moderator
7,832 Posts
I can't speak for the US versions but the European pro kit fits both saloon and hatch. There are two different versions one for petrol, the other with stiffer front springs for diesel.
This would be why Eibach says they won't fit.

Eibach is a German company. In Germany, and most of Europe, there were no 2.5 GT cars in 2018, so there was no spring set developed and no TUV cert was issued for 2.5 GT springs.
The diesel engine is a bit heavier than the 2.0L gas motor so the front springs are slightly stiffer. The diesel car springs would probably be better for the 2.5L cars since the 2.5L engine is heavier than the 2.0L, but you'd probably need to order them directly from Germany. Other than that, the difference between the two springs is minimal and you'd probably not even notice the difference.

· Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,907 Posts
Only issue I've read from users that installed the pro-kit on the US 2.5L model cars was that the wheel gap was a little different between front and rear.

I don't remember seeing any issues with installation or drivability being reported. Just a heads up for those that are OCD about this sort of thing.

I'm planning on installing some Bilstein B12 coils when I get some extra spending cash. Costs about the same as new springs and struts/shocks.
CK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts