·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, looks good! Might have to try this out. Don't want to hack my $hit up by making my own. We'll see...

·
Registered
97 Posts
23 dollar shipping?!? Want that sedan version though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm def going to get those LED brake light...someday lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, took the plunge and ordered off ebay, but feeling a little buyers remorse. Got an email from them saying something about possibly paying for customs? Hope not as with shipping this sucker was $77! Well can't do anything now. Will write back with a review and pics when I get it hopefully this week, but who knows with shipping to Hawaii. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anybody know what this phrase from the eBay listing means?: "2 steps runing light design ( If you don't like it simply ignore the feature)"

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was wondering that as well. I figured it does some sort of blinking effect or something. Will try it out when it arrives, but if it does, will NOT use that feature.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just arrived today! Super fast shipping, 4 days to Hawaii is great. Looks good out of the box. Will do the install tomorrow and post pics and a review.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got it today and instantly installed it. It's a great item! I encountered a few snags while installing it. Taking the lamp housing from the original 3rd brake light was a hassle. The instructions was pretty good except when the instruction told me to connect a orange wire to an existing orange wire on the car.(The instructions made it seem that i HAD to connect the orange wire to something to make it work). I looked for 10 minutes where that orange wire could be. I just decided to screw it and not use the orange wire. I found out that you do not need to use the orange wire if you just want it to function like a regular 3rd brake light. I believe that the orange wire is used for the "2 steps runing light design ( If you don't like it simply ignore the feature)". Other than that... it's a great product! Shipping was fast and the packaging was great. Even included a pen.

Reactions: DORON and mayoarceo

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just did mine as well. Great product, although couldn't figure how to hook up the 2 stage running light? Tried but didn't work. Doesn't matter cuz I didn't want it running anyway. Had to mess with the wires that go into the where the oem bulb was to get a good connection, but no problem. Price was a little steep, $77 to Hawaii, but fast shipping, good build, not cheapo crap, and don't need to hack up your oem housing. Here's some before and after pics and will do an install in the "How To" section just to contribute.

Attachments

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
Just did mine as well. Great product, although couldn't figure how to hook up the 2 stage running light? Tried but didn't work. Doesn't matter cuz I didn't want it running anyway. Had to mess with the wires that go into the where the oem bulb was to get a good connection, but no problem. Price was a little steep, $77 to Hawaii, but fast shipping, good build, not cheapo crap, and don't need to hack up your oem housing. Here's some before and after pics and will do an install in the "How To" section just to contribute.
Looks pretty sick!!!!!:001_wub 1:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Don't know that it is so steep, there is a how to on here using a lancer ralliart LED brake light that you have to hack up as well as your own brake lamp, the cost on the lancer lamp is 78 bucks.

Pat.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 52 Posts