2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
IMHO I would advise against buying any of that stuff, not worth it.

At the beginning it might look nice, but think about it when you want to remove it because you don't like it or it got damaged, all the adhesive will be a pain in the ass to remove that you might end up regretting it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO I would advise against buying any of that stuff, not worth it.

At the beginning it might look nice, but think about it when you want to remove it because you don't like it or it got damaged, all the adhesive will be a pain in the ass to remove that you might end up regretting it.
Yep that's how I feel. Sticky stuff and paint I don't like. The factory stuff bolts on with existing holes?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,058 Posts
The OEM aero kit (front, side and rear) are bolted onto the body of the car. They also use some adhesive strips for the front and rear aero kit.

A few of the existing holes are used, but new holes need to be drilled in the front and rear bumpers... 6 holes in the front and 8 in the rear, IIRC.
CK

·
Registered
267 Posts
Those tend to look like ass, you can get front/sides from bayson R if you want them on the cheap. I got OEM sides because the system they used is damn near perfect and no drilling, then I bought the rear because it looks good. I got the front lip from baysonR because it's close enough, I should get it properly painted you can't beat that gloss black look.

·
Hoon Apprentice
113 Posts
If you're gonna get Ebay stuff, search for BaysonR "MS Style" front lip and sideskirts- they look just like the >$1000 OEM Aero Kit and are more durable (Made of Polyurethane vs. the OEM's ABS Plastics) at about a quarter of the price.

The only downside is that you have to clean the parts, lightly scuff them, and then paint them really well.

Installing is a breeze though because the holes are pre-drilled, so there is no guesswork as to where the screws should go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts