2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new set of the eBay pedal covers that have never been used. They took over 2 months to arrive. I thought they were lost in the shipping process and I gave up waiting and purchased the oem ones instead. Well, they showed up today.

I paid $43, but I'll sell them for $35 shipped to the lower 48. If you are interested, let me know. I can do PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I am very happy to share that I am the proud owner of these mazdaspeed alloy pedals. They arrived today and they look terrific, even better than the above pictures!

Thank you @AVL thumper. In their protective box, they are in my "mod pile" for my 3 -- which still has an "around April 15-30th" ETA.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
They look terrific installed. While the clutch and brake pedals were a bitch, slipping the top part on and then placing a hair dryer inches from the bottom (pointing upward) for three minutes each, helped tremendously.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
While I just did it and only two drives on it so far, it is holding well with the following Velcro. I am going for a long series of drives today and will test and re-test the Velcro holding firmly, reposting here is even a fraction of an adherence issue as there was before even when I had covered 90% of the pedal with more 3M two-sided tape.

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Strength-Strips/dp/B0010HADEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495717429&sr=8-1&keywords=velcro+industrial+strength+strips

Would peel back the 3M tape on the back that it comes with (easy with fingernail), take some IPA (rubbing alcohol) on a discardable rag, wipe the back rubber down, then follow the instructions on the Velcro box. Cut the Velcro to exact shapes, mounted onto to the back of the pedal, then the second reverse Velcro strip on the first, peeled off the back and placed it directly onto my Mazda floor mat. Takes a little time (maybe 15 minutes), but easy, easy.

No screws, no bolts, nor anything else.

UPDATE: After several more drives, the dead pedal is remaining in place, rock solid!

·
Registered
101 Posts
They look terrific installed. While the clutch and brake pedals were a bitch, slipping the top part on and then placing a hair dryer inches from the bottom (pointing upward) for three minutes each, helped tremendously.
considering these. can you post a photo installed?

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Here you go, and if you want more info about my method of installing the dead pedal without drilling, but directly onto my Mazda floor mat, my build thread in linked in my signature below:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had these in my automatic for about a year. The only issue I've had is the aluminum part of the dead pedal became unattached from the rubber. 3m tape fixed it

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts